FAO Deejayone

Why not? Wednesdayite membership shows a committment to the club by supporting all the community projects, smile tickets (brings in revenue to the club too) and other SWFC projects.

About time the Wednesdayite haters put the past behind them and moved on.............sad!

Wednesdayite are independant of the club and so shouldn't really be given priority over others.

It would be like saying for instance, give The London Owls Supporters priority too.

Fair point but keep your hair on!

You didn't get a bit of discount by any chance did you old timer? ;)

There are a number of away season ticket holders too but wouldn't like to say they could have a higher preference to home season ticket holders :ph34r:

Great site btw

I've paid the full price for my season ticket for almost fourty years, and for next season I will get a concessionary price for the first time. But having had one for all that time, and even leaving a blank cheque with the club for my 1997/98 season ticket, after the last game of 1996/97 (home defeat by Liverpool) because I was going to live in Turkey for three months, maybe I need a bit of a concession.

We show unswerving loyalty to the club, and get very little in return. We used to get about five games a season for nothing, with our season tickets, but it's gradually been whittled away, and virtually all you get now is the same seat for every game.

Guest international owl

Season ticket holders giving the large un about loyalty, how many ST holders went to exeter,carlisle,plymouth etc etc. Ya don't have to be a season ticket holder to be loyal,I aint got a season ticket but have been to all the nasty long journeys again this season,how many current ST holders followed the boys abroad in our euro season??? The club should check the away ticket purchases and if we get a glamour draw away allocate to the loyal fans who folllow the team to away games. ST guarantee you will be at home games not an away game. The more loyal fan goes to Carlisle in the snow at night in the JPT, and when we lose that game he still shows at Exeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season ticket holders giving the large un about loyalty, how many ST holders went to exeter,carlisle,plymouth etc etc. Ya don't have to be a season ticket holder to be loyal,I aint got a season ticket but have been to all the nasty long journeys again this season,how many current ST holders followed the boys abroad in our euro season??? The club should check the away ticket purchases and if we get a glamour draw away allocate to the loyal fans who folllow the team to away games. ST guarantee you will be at home games not an away game. The more loyal fan goes to Carlisle in the snow at night in the JPT, and when we lose that game he still shows at Exeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RANT OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does it really flippingmatter? Its like a little school boy squabble ffs. We've been drawn at home in the 4th round and i bet there not many more than 10,000 there, ST or no ST, but i'll guarentee you there would have been more than 10,000 there if we had got a big club.

Lets get this round out of the way before we start bitchin about who's more loyal than who.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Old Trafford holds what? about 75,000. They usually allocate around 3000 for away fans, they wouldn't get beyond season ticket holders.

I'm sure most of the top sides will be the same. If you want the best chance of getting tickets for any match then buy a season ticket. I haven't got a season ticket due to my work, I just get away tickets if they make it beyond ST holders, I can accept that.

Think they gave Liverpool 9k today, cup allocation is higher, but sill you are right it would not get beyond season ticket holders

Guest intercity0wl

1) Quite a few of us actually

2) Think you will find a season ticket has offered a priority for away cup games since the beginning of time, unless your advocating a change to whats always been the norm

As a season ticket holder, I've only done eighty four away grounds watching Wednesday, including Exeter away on a Tuesday night. I'm not saying that we're any better than anybody else, just that we stump up for next season regardless. There are "fans" on this forum who won't go until, "Dave Allen is no longer Chairman", he goes, and then it's "until the club withdraw legal action against their own fans", that happens, then it's "I'm not going as long as Brian Laws is Manager", he goes, and "I'm not returning until those muppets on the board have been replaced".

We're the only club, apart from the Welsh national team, to take fourty one thousand to the Millenium Stadium.We got promoted, and how many of that crowd bothered to buy season tickets?

If you don't buy a season ticket, and decide not to go for any of the above reasons, and like Mick from Mansfield, "I can't get to games, because I live in Mansfield/I had to baby sit my daughters who are twenty and thirteen", you don't go, you don't lose any money. As a season ticket holder if you don't go, you've wasted X amount of money because you've already paid for your seat.

If we're bottom of the division, come the middle of March, non season ticket holders will just stop going (just check how low our average gates are now), but s/t holders have committed to the club irrespective of performance and league position.

I don't go to too many away games, because I can't afford the cost of tickets, getting there, etc, but I have travelled away this season, as I have, every season since the mid 60's, and as I will continue to do until my money runs out, or my body gives out.

There are "fans" on this forum who won't go until, "Dave Allen is no longer Chairman", he goes, and then it's "until the club withdraw legal action against their own fans", that happens, and "I'm not returning until those muppets on the board have been replaced".

Yeah

It's a reyt bugger that fans being sued by their own club felt a little aggrieved

They should just shut up and accept the legal action that was took against them shouldn't they ?

They should support action like that against their fellow fans

After all... WE ARE ALL WEDNESDAY AREN'T WE ?

FFS

Owlstalk Shop

It is a tricky situation to decide and unfortunately people will be left disappointed but to question why season ticket holders get priority??? As stated they are the ones who commit no matter what!! If any are left surely they should go to those who travelled to Bristol.. then the woodwork fans last.

Guest owlsthatthen

if we get arsenal away it will be ok

leeds got 9000 yesterday

so cant see there being a prob with big clubs with big grounds