Palmer extends Owls contract

The guy needs to play now - we have had ample opportunity in the JPT and league cup

It's never the easiest thing as a league 1 club to get decent loans for your players - which is probably why O'Donnell had to drop into non league - but somehow the guy needs competitive games

Nobody can really predict how it will pan out with the majority of young players - delicate balancing act - but at least if he plays then people can make an informed decision of whether he's worth persevering with or becomes another cheap squad filler like Boden

Yes. He's signed for us and will be squad number 22. He's not cup-tied either, so may be selected for Saturday's game.

:wink:

wouldn't surprise me if that's actually all the club do know dry.gif

we may need to switch to the orange away kit, long sleeves and trousers or reda will feel out of place.

Just been reading Clinton Morrisons twitter page, and someone on there (probably someone off here) asks Clinton, "who (and not yourself) is the most talented player at SWFC? Who would make it at premier level?"

to which Clinton replies..."a young boy called Liam palmer".

Now if he is making that much of an impression on a seasoned pro like Clinton, he must be standing out. So why arent we giving him more of a chance?!??!!!??

that is all :cool:

After O'Connor's pathetic performance on Monday, Palmer should, at least, have moved up the pecking order of CMs at the club by default.

Realistically, I doubt we'll see much more of Palmer this season but, yes, one for the future. Get him loaned out to a League Two club now if Irvine isn't going to give him minutes! Crewe Alexandra would be a good shout; Dario Gradi is a wizzard with youngsters.

He is capable of developing into a very decent player but will not get a fair chance with us at the moment as quite simply we can not gamble on youth and need to bring in proven, experienced players to get short term gains.

Possibly the most beneficial thing to do for him and the club is let him move on loan so we can assess him and allow him time to develop in a competitive environment.

I think the emphasis has changed dramatically in our approach.

We are looking at talented younger players with potential resale value. I think Liam Palmer fits into this. We'll see the older players like O'Connor and Miller phased out of the team/club and the younger players coming through.

This is how i see it anyhow.

Guest beni owl

Simon Coleman the ex wednesday player who has been doing coaching work in the Worksop area told me about 3 years ago that Palmer was the best prospect of young talent he had ever seen in the Wednesday academy

Guest Darkus Owlus

Great news. i like Palmer . He looks to have great potential. Not quite the finished product - possibly a spell on loan? This is the sort of player we want the Academy to produce, and to bring up in the top ranks. A player for TOMORROW, not today, so don't spoil him or expect too much of him straight away.

He showed more pre season than Potter has done all season in competitive games.

THROW HIM IN THE TEAM. lol