Palmer extends Owls contract

Guest Buxtonian

Palmer extends Owls contract, New deal for academy product:

http://bit.ly/eQIrC2

Great news. i like Palmer . He looks to have great potential. Not quite the finished product - possibly a spell on loan? This is the sort of player we want the Academy to produce, and to bring up in the top ranks. A player for TOMORROW, not today, so don't spoil him or expect too much of him straight away.

Guest dn12owl

after recent performances you would think he would get his chance?

imo he would give us exactly what were missing in the middle of the park, energy, vision, ability to open teams up and bring the attacking players into the game.

I hope he starts against Bristol City. He's got great potential and can pass a ball. I don't think it could hurt having him sit in the middle along with an experienced CM.

I hope he starts against Bristol City. He's got great potential and can pass a ball. I don't think it could hurt having him sit in the middle along with an experienced CM.

Maybe Miller, but I'm not sure we have the right type of player at the club at the moment to play him with at the moment.

Still, I agree this should be the type of thing that Irvine should look to experiment somewhat with in these cup fixtures.

I think he is just the kind of player we need. Someone who comes deep from midfield to collect the ball and play an inteligent ball.

Our problem is that we have 3 static bands. This is why it is so hard for us to pass it around and keep possession. If a midfielder dropped deep and a striker dropped off a little it would be easier to exploit the spaces in the holes.

Irvine won't do it though as it might disrupt his precious 2 banks of 4

I think he is just the kind of player we need. Someone who comes deep from midfield to collect the ball and play an inteligent ball.

Our problem is that we have 3 static bands. This is why it is so hard for us to pass it around and keep possession. If a midfielder dropped deep and a striker dropped off a little it would be easier to exploit the spaces in the holes.

Irvine won't do it though as it might disrupt his precious 2 banks of 4

And never was that more apparent than against Huddersfield!

It's not that we were abysmal, as we actually caused them enough problems to have scored a few - but we were so bloody predictable.

When you've got runners from midfield, it's a different game, in fact, it may as well be a different sport.

Guest Sheff Owl

We could give ALL academy players new 5 years deals, tie them down etc but the thing is Irvine won't give them a chance.

It's just a bloody waste, no point having an academy while Irvine is here. He won't use them.

Guest owls_4_life

Would like to see him start in the FA cup. If he keeps playing reserves without first team football he'll never improve which would be bad because he seems to have great potential!

surprised he didnt get a run in the paint cup. He was, by accounts, one of our best players pre season.

If we were playing better, im sure he would be getting in the side a bit more. i think irvines too worried about losing games to bring the kids in.

surprised he didnt get a run in the paint cup. He was, by accounts, one of our best players pre season.

I went to most of the pre-season games and he was the only good thing about our pre-season. Played better then Potter did, good range of passing and looked very assured on the ball. Not afraid to take it forward himself if nothing on.