are wednesday fans a bunch of moaners

Guest kimolsen

Guest kimolsen

Reading this forum makes me realise a good percentage of wednesday fans are complete moaners, they have had the opportunity to moan about the board for the last 15 years which they certainly have done, now its the managers and the players turn to get the flack. Give it 18 months then it will be milan's turn to face the guantlet of hate.

Just remember we are second in the league, this could be the best season ive certainly seen since watching wednesday in terms of league points, why dont you just enjoy it.

Its a shame there soo many keyboard warriors on here who would prefer to sit behind there laptops moaning as opposed to going to places like Exeter to get behind the lads.

I think many fans would be peeved after losing 5-1 to Exeter, but its a fair point.

I think the reactions on Owlstalk are always extreme. If we win, then promotion is on the cards and posters wonder how many goals our strikers will rack up.

If we lose then were going nowhere and heads need to roll, its a website with bi-polar disorder :biggrin:

Guest Buxtonian

Couldn't agree more, Kimolsen, Wednesdayites are a complete set of moaners. Unfortunately, for as long as I can remember, they've had sufficient grounds to moan.

We have recently got rid of a number of the things we can moan about - FJ9, the Board, the crappy way the team are playing. Face it, its built into the Wednesday fan's make up. They wouldn't be Wdnesdayites otherwise.

Reading this forum makes me realise a good percentage of wednesday fans are complete moaners, they have had the opportunity to moan about the board for the last 15 years which they certainly have done, now its the managers and the players turn to get the flack. Give it 18 months then it will be milan's turn to face the guantlet of hate.

Just remember we are second in the league, this could be the best season ive certainly seen since watching wednesday in terms of league points, why dont you just enjoy it.

Its a shame there soo many keyboard warriors on here who would prefer to sit behind there laptops moaning as opposed to going to places like Exeter to get behind the lads.

Stop flipping moaning lol

When was the last time we was going into Christmas 2nd in league?

Change of hands at the top. Ok the football isn't what we would like but it's league 1. We could consider were the Barcelona of league 1 with the stature of the club. (Not on field) Just hope for the best and expect the unexpected. End of the day this Sheffield Wednesday and anything can happen.

UTO WTID

Given what's gone on at our great club over the last fifteen years, I can only say that we don't moan enough.

As for the current attitude towards Irvine, I don't think this is particularly typical of OwlsTalk at all.

Other managers have had far better support on here. Though most on here wanted shut of Laws just before he was sacked, there were still some that were opposed to his sacking - so much so, that I'd say that more supported Laws at that time than support Irvine now.

This 2ND IN THE LEAGUE testicles has to stop.

We have played two games and in one case three more games than the teams around us. There isn't a cat in hells chance that we would be in the top six if the others had played the same amount of games (maybe hanging onto 6th on goal difference at best)

What is up with you people?

We are underachieving by some way this season, eight defeats from twenty one games in the third tier with this squad is criminal.

LEEDS 10 defeats all season, NORWICH 9 defeats all season.

We've had 8 defeats and we aren't even past halfway, we are experiencing the lowest attendances since the 80's despite having a respectable 22.5k for the 1st game of the season. I am a season ticket holder and I dont bother going and I know plenty like me, yet some of you seem to think that everything is rosy.

Alan Irvine is the worst Sheffield Wednesday manager in my lifetime. He took us down with no fight and we are not looking like going up despite being in the top three footballing budgets. I cannot actually believe some people are happy with the current situation it is beyond belief.

Actually, I think Wednesdayite's generally moan less than other clubs. We've had under achievement and lack of ambition drilled in to us over many years. Most fans now just expect poo .

Think back to our last two managers. Despite regularly involved in relegation battles, Sturrock and Laws never really came under much pressure. Granted Laws did get some stick towards the end of his stint, but opinion was still fairly split. Sturrocks dismissal was met with protests outside the ground. So I really don't know where your getting this idea from.

Currently fans are fooked off and rightly so. Irvine in the summer, by moaning to the media, forced the boards hand and ended up getting a budget we simply couldn't afford. On the premise we'd get promotion. We have signed some terrific players for this standard, and yet, still the performances are dire and results are good enough. We are currently 7th based on points/game... Which isn't good enough. Finishing in the playoffs isn't good enough this season...but a lot of Wednesdayite's would accept it, because of the underachievement we've had drilled into us over the last decade.

Actually, I think Wednesdayite's generally moan less than other clubs. We've had under achievement and lack of ambition drilled in to us over many years. Most fans now just expect poo .

Think back to our last two managers. Despite regularly involved in relegation battles, Sturrock and Laws never really came under much pressure. Granted Laws did get some stick towards the end of his stint, but opinion was still fairly split. Sturrocks dismissal was met with protests outside the ground. So I really don't know where your getting this idea from.

Currently fans are fooked off and rightly so. Irvine in the summer, by moaning to the media, forced the boards hand and ended up getting a budget we simply couldn't afford. On the premise we'd get promotion. We have signed some terrific players for this standard, and yet, still the performances are dire and results are good enough. We are currently 7th based on points/game... Which isn't good enough. Finishing in the playoffs isn't good enough this season...but a lot of Wednesdayite's would accept it, because of the underachievement we've had drilled into us over the last decade.

an accurate summary

Kimolsen needs sacking. He's useless, worse Owlstalker since Ashjam

I'm trying to get on and be festive and this geezer's interfering with my ability to enjoy Christmas.

Any more nonsense like this Olsen and I'll demand Santa only sends you a Danny Wilson Toby jug for Christmas.

Pfft!

This 2ND IN THE LEAGUE testicles has to stop.

We have played two games and in one case three more games than the teams around us. There isn't a cat in hells chance that we would be in the top six if the others had played the same amount of games (maybe hanging onto 6th on goal difference at best)

What is up with you people?

We are underachieving by some way this season, eight defeats from twenty one games in the third tier with this squad is criminal.

LEEDS 10 defeats all season, NORWICH 9 defeats all season.

We've had 8 defeats and we aren't even past halfway, we are experiencing the lowest attendances since the 80's despite having a respectable 22.5k for the 1st game of the season. I am a season ticket holder and I dont bother going and I know plenty like me, yet some of you seem to think that everything is rosy.

Alan Irvine is the worst Sheffield Wednesday manager in my lifetime. He took us down with no fight and we are not looking like going up despite being in the top three footballing budgets. I cannot actually believe some people are happy with the current situation it is beyond belief.

On balance Leeds lost 9 games in less than half a season as well.

I actually agree with you there mate. There's always someone getting some sort of abuse, and should Mandaric not put his hand in his pocket during every transfer window I can see there being several posters on here giving him abuse. Same happened to Strafford.

Fact of the matter is you won't always please everyone.