are wednesday fans a bunch of moaners

Guest kimolsen

On the premise we'd get promotion. We are currently 7th based on points/game... Which isn't good enough.

But we are still 2nd.

Points/Game ratios are no good if the teams around us don't pick up the points they need.

Who would've guessed wed' lose to Exeter, let alone by 4 goals?

It's an unpredictable league, so for now, we are 2nd and although the last result was poo , we are still doing OK.

Do some of our fans expect too much?

Promotion with this squad should be expected. We were the 2nd favourites to win the league. We have got rid of the old guard and have hope with a new chairman. We were told by a former chairman, the manager and some on here that things were untenable for the players these last few months, yet the embarassing defeat on Saturday purely underlines there has been no difference whatsoever since the takeover.

We have beaten just one side in the top half, there are just 6 teams in this league with more defeats than us.

I cannot believe some of the clappers on here

I even know fans who build themselves up before a home game ready to whine and moan and complain about certain players. Get real..... were here for a reason and won't be changed over night. Just try and take it on the chin and take every game as it comes.

Guest kimolsen

Re reading owl, this is still the best points total at christmas i have known at any season since ive had a season ticket 97-98 season onwards. Most of you seem to enjoy a little moaning, when irvine was grinding 1-0 wins or 1-0 losses he was too negative, when we are scoring six one when then conceding 5 the next week he is too attack minded and not organised.

No doubt as a previous poster said if we do get promoted you will be moaning because we havent strengthened enough. If we then got promoted back to the prem and stabilised you would still be moaning saying we need to be pushing onto the champions league.

To the guy who mentioned about paying money, if you have paid £100 in travel on the train to Exeter plus beer and food for a £200 day , then start talking about paying your money.

We are getting worse than blades we are in top 5 and people still whinging.

You are part of the problem. We will be lower than that after everyone has played their games in hand. And I'll make this bit clear because it seems to be what a lot of people are struggling with, WHY ARE YOU HAPPY TO FINISH IN THE PLAYOFFS? I'll tell you why I'm not:

1. We have arguably the best squad in the division.

2. We have more players who have played and succeeded at higher levels than anyone else in the divison.

3. We have one of the top 2 wage budgets in the division.

4. Irvine's record in playoffs in general is poo , did you see how limply his Preston team bent over for the pigs?

5. Irvine's record against the best sides in this division (AKA THE ONES WE WILL BE PLAYING IF WE FINISH IN THE PLAYOFFS) is poo .

So its not "criminal in this division" as long as it happens in the second half of the season?

Circumstances are different. Leeds started losing games because they got complacent after storming the league in the first half of the season. We've lost 8 already because we don't have a good manager.

I'd say we're apathetic as flip in relative terms.

Look at the thousands who marched on Anfield recently. The tens of thousands who outwardly and vocally oppose the Glaser regime.

Compare this to maybe 200 people turning up to protest at Hillsborough at the VERY LAST OPPORTUNITY.

But we are still 2nd.

Points/Game ratios are no good if the teams around us don't pick up the points they need.

Who would've guessed wed' lose to Exeter, let alone by 4 goals?

It's an unpredictable league, so for now, we are 2nd and although the last result was poo , we are still doing OK.

Uh?!

The most accurate way of determing league position when the games are unequal is on a points/game basis.

This stage of the season gives a pretty accurate impression of how the league will finish. Of course, you get some anomalies, but it would seem, without serious improvement well finish outside the top two. By a far distance.

I even know fans who build themselves up before a home game ready to whine and moan and complain about certain players. Get real..... were here for a reason and won't be changed over night. Just try and take it on the chin and take every game as it comes.

Attendance figures - Says it all really.

But you and the other 14,999 stay in denial.

There won't be many of you left soon.

You are part of the problem. We will be lower than that after everyone has played their games in hand. And I'll make this bit clear because it seems to be what a lot of people are struggling with, WHY ARE YOU HAPPY TO FINISH IN THE PLAYOFFS? I'll tell you why I'm not:

1. We have arguably the best squad in the division.

2. We have more players who have played and succeeded at higher levels than anyone else in the divison.

3. We have one of the top 2 wage budgets in the division.

4. Irvine's record in playoffs in general is poo , did you see how limply his Preston team bent over for the pigs?

5. Irvine's record against the best sides in this division (AKA THE ONES WE WILL BE PLAYING IF WE FINISH IN THE PLAYOFFS) is poo .

Circumstances are different. Leeds started losing games because they got complacent after storming the league in the first half of the season. We've lost 8 already because we don't have a good manager.

This is the biggest myth of them all!

Of all our players, with the exception of Mellor, Morrison and possibly Teale, would any of the top ten in this division have them in their team?

Apologies, missed out Weaver.

Edited by cactus

That's right guys, let's just accept mediocrity and be thankful... PLEASE!

Don't worry though eh, we are 2nd in Division 1... oops forgot that means 3rd Division these days :mellow:

Attendance figures - Says it all really.

But you and the other 14,999 stay in denial.

There won't be many of you left soon.

Why won't there be many of us left. I take every game as it comes. We lose, we lose, we win, we win. This is the second season without a season ticket but I still turn up to Hillsborough week in week out pay 20 quid on the kop and support the lad's. Yes i have a little moan about how poo poo a player has played but express it at the match not on here. Because the next week you never know potter or purse might just a decent game. I take it on the chin and move on. Because life is different every day.

Guest Triplej2

Reading this forum makes me realise a good percentage of wednesday fans are complete moaners, they have had the opportunity to moan about the board for the last 15 years which they certainly have done, now its the managers and the players turn to get the flack. Give it 18 months then it will be milan's turn to face the guantlet of hate.

Just remember we are second in the league, this could be the best season ive certainly seen since watching wednesday in terms of league points, why dont you just enjoy it.

Its a shame there soo many keyboard warriors on here who would prefer to sit behind there laptops moaning as opposed to going to places like Exeter to get behind the lads.

Do you want a job with me? I need a nodding dog who doesn't question anything.

We've had 8 defeats and we aren't even past halfway, we are experiencing the lowest attendances since the 80's despite having a respectable 22.5k for the 1st game of the season. I am a season ticket holder and I dont bother going and I know plenty like me, yet some of you seem to think that everything is rosy.

Why won't there be many of us left.

I don't think you get it Bolly.

NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH NEGATIVE SHYTE.

Why won't there be many of us left. I take every game as it comes. We lose, we lose, we win, we win. This is the second season without a season ticket but I still turn up to Hillsborough week in week out pay 20 quid on the kop and support the lad's. Yes i have a little moan about how poo poo a player has played but express it at the match not on here. Because the next week you never know potter or purse might just a decent game. I take it on the chin and move on. Because life is different every day.

But doesn't you vocally slagging players off at the match have a potentially more negative impact on their performance that doing it on here?

Anyway I take your point mate though, I do. However it just reeks of accepting mediocrity to me and I unfortunately can't stomach that kind of attitude.

Why on earth do we have to accept being average when the league we are in is complete dross (apart from a handful of clubs)?!

With the wage bill Irvine's had to spend (and let's face it nobody spends much on transfer fees outside the Prem & Top 6 in the Championship) he should have this squad doing far better than it currently is. The fact that he's also negated the spend on the defence at the expense of players like Sedgewick and Heffernan (who is good, but he just doesn't seem to rate) is criminal considering the state we were in last season at the back.

I wasn't convinced when we appointed him, I was dismayed at the way under him we surrendered to relegation with a whimper (despite Palace doing all they could to keep us interested with the points deduction), the way he has approached playing in this league with his constant 'bigging-up' of the opposition pre-match and the hoof-ball tactics he's employed despite not signing a target man is farcical.

He can't go quick enough for me.

Edited by hallam_stallion

I don't think you get it Bolly.

NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH NEGATIVE SHYTE.

I don't want to watch negative football either but what can I do as a fan unless I shout 'Alan out' at a match but then you get the moaners on here complain about people saying 'who was the nob shouting Alan out on so n so today?' So I just get on with it. poo poo happens that's life.