Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday

First 15 mins he analysed everything that was wrong with us.

Didn't hold back - virtually slated em.

Why can't AI see this?

Top coach, don't make me laugh.

As I've posted earlier, I thought he was on the money all afternoon.....and that was from just one game. As you say, how come Irvine can't see this week in week out and an ex-pro (I assuming he doesn't coach) can?

Maybe the penny has finally dropped for Irvine.

And maybe the off-field shenanigans haven't had a impact on the players as some have suggested.

I think they may have benefitted from being away from Hillsborough at the moment, less of a pressure cooker.

Glad to see that Tudgay wasnt used as a target man and they let him come deeper so he gets a chance to shoot and arrive late into the area.

Hopefully we can get back on track now. I think this is a big boost for us as they have some really dangerous players.

Therse no coincidence that an improvement happens when Coke is in the centre too.

Edited by Bluesteel

As I've posted earlier, I thought he was on the money all afternoon.....and that was from just one game. As you say, how come Irvine can't see this week in week out and an ex-pro (I assuming he doesn't coach) can?

Do you really believe AI can't see what has been going wrong ?

Exactly.

Jemson watched one game and he immediatley noticed the faults that we have been seeing all season.

The centre halves get no help from the midfield

We dont win any second balls

Tommy Spurr makes mistakes and plays out of position

We dont pick up the runners

We dont shoot enough

to name a few of what Jemson picked up on. Like you say, if he can see it, and we can see it, then why cant Irvine and his coaching staff see it.

What the **** does he actually write in that notebook?

Sorry Reading, but I think you're being unfair today.

We've just won a tough away game and stopped a majorly bad run of form, and you're more interested in praising the Radio Sheffield commentary than the Wednesday management.

Sounded to me from what I heard of the game that Irvine got a lot of the decisions right today. He's had some damn poor showings recently, but if you want to stick the boot in when they get it wrong (and we're all well within our rights to) then it's only right they get a pat on the back when they call it right IMO.

Big +1 for all the lads today, Irvine included. And a +1,000,000 for the travelling fans. Brilliant as always.

Doesn't erase the mistakes of recent weeks, but it's a big start to getting back on track for the season.

Godfather - I think that the point is that one swallow does not make a summer. The mistakes are still there, however I think we can all agree that it is something to build upon.

Lets not get carried away, this result doesnt mean that HMS PTL has reached its destination.

Reading - did you mean to quote me or Owlinmad (head) ?

Edited by Miffed

Do you really believe AI can't see what has been going wrong ?

We can only assume so, but it's what he does about it that matters.

And a relegation and an alarming run of results later I think we're well entitled to question him.

Still, we won today, and it sounds as though the performance was much improved, so we can only hope that we can kick on from here.

Godfather - I think that the point is that one swallow does not make a summer. The mistakes are still there, however I think we can all agree that it is something to build upon.

Lets not get carried away, this result doesnt mean that HMS PTL has reached its destination.

This.

Sorry Reading, but I think you're being unfair today.

We've just won a tough away game and stopped a majorly bad run of form, and you're more interested in praising the Radio Sheffield commentary than the Wednesday management.

Sounded to me from what I heard of the game that Irvine got a lot of the decisions right today. He's had some damn poor showings recently, but if you want to stick the boot in when they get it wrong (and we're all well within our rights to) then it's only right they get a pat on the back when they call it right IMO.

Big +1 for all the lads today, Irvine included. And a +1,000,000 for the travelling fans. Brilliant as always.

Doesn't erase the mistakes of recent weeks, but it's a big start to getting back on track for the season.

Sorry Godfather, I can't agree.

I have seen enough last season and this, to make my mind up.

I am not going to be a hypocrite just because of today and say all is well. Like loads will do on here tonight.

You don't take 1 point from 15 if all is well. You don't lose against 10 men at Plymouth if all is well.

Furthermore, we were commentating on Jemson viz viz Irvine. Keep things in perspective.

Jemson was spot on, Irvine hasn't been.