Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday

Sorry Reading, but I think you're being unfair today.

We've just won a tough away game and stopped a majorly bad run of form, and you're more interested in praising the Radio Sheffield commentary than the Wednesday management.

Sounded to me from what I heard of the game that Irvine got a lot of the decisions right today. He's had some damn poor showings recently, but if you want to stick the boot in when they get it wrong (and we're all well within our rights to) then it's only right they get a pat on the back when they call it right IMO.

Big +1 for all the lads today, Irvine included. And a +1,000,000 for the travelling fans. Brilliant as always.

Doesn't erase the mistakes of recent weeks, but it's a big start to getting back on track for the season.

Well said, something to build upon.

Godfather - I think that the point is that one swallow does not make a summer. The mistakes are still there, however I think we can all agree that it is something to build upon.

Lets not get carried away, this result doesnt mean that HMS PTL has reached its destination.

Reading - did you mean to quote me or Owlinmad (head) ?

No body is getting carried away, surely all he said was credit where credit is due today? One or two of the changes seemed to work.

Its still the fine margin of the first goal though, had we conceded early doors we couldve been in real trouble. Having said that we defended much better than we did at Plymouth and on the whole our defence hasnt been the problem.

We can only assume so, but it's what he does about it that matters.

And a relegation and an alarming run of results later I think we're well entitled to question him.

Still, we won today, and it sounds as though the performance was much improved, so we can only hope that we can kick on from here.

It's a fine line between things going right and not. Players confidence and mistakes are usually what makes the difference.

If you think he can see them why do you think he appears unwilling or unable to do anything about it (until today)?

I believe it's down to the players. I'm sure the coaching staff will have the players in over the next few days highlighting what went wrong and showing them how to put it right.

I believe it's down to the players. I'm sure the coaching staff will have the players in over the next few days highlighting what went wrong and showing them how to put it right.

I'm not looking for an argument but isn't that the job of the manager and coaching staff?

The general approach under Irvine's management has been pretty much the same, so why if it is the players that are at fault haven't they addressed this before now?

It's a fine line between things going right and not. Players confidence and mistakes are usually what makes the difference.

For any one particular move in a game, yes, but over 36 games I don't really find this a compelling argument to explain what has happened to us since Irvine arrived at the club.

Although I agree with your second point.

I'm not looking for an argument but isn't that the job of the manager and coaching staff?

The general approach under Irvine's management has been pretty much the same, so why if it is the players that are at fault haven't they addressed this before now?

I don't agree the approach has stayed the same. In the games I've seen this and last season things changed just about every match. In fact ,last season especially, sometimes too many changes.

Knowing how thorough AI is I'm sure this will have happened after every game, won or lost.

Perhaps that's the problem..............................he gives them too much information.

Revie's Leeds players used to love his dossiers on other temas but when Revie did this with England players they hated it.

It was too rigid and players switch off.

Perhaps a better teaching technique is needed.

What would you do Owlinmad?