Notts County v Sheffield Wednesday

Perhaps that's the problem..............................he gives them too much information.

Revie's Leeds players used to love his dossiers on other temas but when Revie did this with England players they hated it.

It was too rigid and players switch off.

Perhaps a better teaching technique is needed.

What would you do Owlinmad?

Edmonton, I know what you mean about over-complicating things. You have reminded me of a football dinner I was at for Bobby Charlton a few years back. He related a story of how Man U were at Liverpool in about '65 and as England had a mid week match, he and Roger Hunt travelled down to London by train from Lime Street together, whereupon Hunt related Bill Shankly's team talk for the match.

Shankly didn't pull any punches, he simply destroyed every Man U player's reputation by pointing out their weaknesses in a very funny way which set the Liverpool team at ease. However he omitted commenting on Dennis Law, George Best & Bobby Charlton. Ian Callaghan jumped on this and said "but what about Best, Law &Charlton" to which Shanks responded:

"What? Can you no beat three men!"

Edited by Utah Owl

Edmonton, I know what you mean about over-complicating things. You have reminded me of a football dinner I was at for Bobby Charlton a few years back. He related a story of how Man U were at Liverpool in about '65 and as England had a mid week match, he and Roger Hunt travelled down to London by train from Lime Street together, whereupon Hunt related Bill Shankly's team talk for the match.

Shankly didn't pull any punches, he simply destroyed every Man U player's reputation by pointing out their weaknesses in a very funny way which set the Liverpool team at ease. However he omitted commenting on Dennis Law, George Best & Bobby Charlton. Ian Callaghan jumped on this and said "but what about Best, Law &Charlton" to which Shanks responded:

"What? Can you no beat three men!"

There's the story about Clough not sure if it's true which says that his team talk was

Keeper you pass it to the defence then you give it to midfield who'll pass it to the forwards who will then score, simple

For me, the way Irvine's tactics are, whoever scores the first goal sets the tone for the game.

If it's us, all well and good and we tend not to give much away.

If it's them, then we have shown we have little tactical nouse to get back in it and if on the rare occasion we get level it's back to who scores next - them or us.

Today, we were lucky and could easily have been losing in the first half hour - and then it would have been different. Instead we got the vital first goal and that seems to be critical in terms of AI's tactics....

Notts County 0-2 Sheffield Wednesday (Tudgay 52, Potter 90+6)

Possession: 46-54

Shots on target: 9-7

Shots off target: 9-5

Corners: 7-4

Fouls: 11-10

Most fouls: Edwards (2) O'Connor (2)

Yellow cards: 3-3

Red cards: 1-0

Weaver, Otsemobor, Purse Beevers, Spurr, Tudgay, Coke, O'Connor, Miller, Morrison (Potter 61), Heffernan (Mellor 61).

Subs not used: Jameson, Buxton, Jones, Teale, Sedgwick.

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Notts County.

The loss brings Notts' run of home wins to a halt. A tough trip north to Carlisle awaits next weekend, where they will look to get back to winning ways.

Attendance: 11,355 (160 Sheffield Wednesday supporters)

Co-operative Motor Group Man of the Match: Neal Bishop

Guest barrowowl

The loss brings Notts' run of home wins to a halt. A tough trip north to Carlisle awaits next weekend, where they will look to get back to winning ways.

Attendance: 11,355 (160 Sheffield Wednesday supporters)

Co-operative Motor Group Man of the Match: Neal Bishop

To be fair the bishop basher was a cut above the rest :blink:

Guest abbiowl

did anyone see a man get run over by a black car yesturday at notts county after the match, they got out and kicked him then drove of after a group of wednesday fans helped him up because they where going to reverse over him! sick people tell me everything you know please,! thats my step dad!

Edited by abbiowl

Guest abbiowl

did anyone see a man get run over by a black car yesturday at notts county after the match, they got out and kicked him then drove of after a group of wednesday fans helped him up because they where going to reverse over him! sick people tell me everything you know please,! thats my step dad!

anyone. anything will help :)