wednesdays first shirt sponsors

Funny, I always thought it was Finlux too and I was definitely around at the time it started! :biggrin:

Mind you though we've had some corkers that have caused endless amusement to other fans, for example:

Mr Toms, whose slogan was "Seriously Nuts"

&

Chuppa Chups - usual response was because either "your team sucks" (to be fair at the time we did) or (also true) "you get licked by everyone"

Typical Wednesday, cheap sponsors making us a laughing stock! :huh:

Edited by Utah Owl

crosby kitchens, followed by mhs and then finlux, i think the first sponsorship was in the 84 promotion season, on the bukta kit, ive still got the shirt that i bought from suggs, but only the players shirts had crosby kitchens on them, as far as i know.

crosby kitchens, followed by mhs and then finlux, i think the first sponsorship was in the 84 promotion season, on the bukta kit, ive still got the shirt that i bought from suggs, but only the players shirts had crosby kitchens on them, as far as i know.

I'm sure the Crosby Kitchen sponcership gets a mention in the Steel City Blues documentory from '84. Might be dreaming though!

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Following on from the first sponsors who will be our next sponsors as the agreement with the Childrens Hospital finishes at the end of the season. I wonder if Bob, Geoff and Ken realise this and are being proactive in searching for a new sponsor?

I wouldn't change it, stick with the SCH

From memory, didn't the Crosby Kitchens sponsorship start with the FA Cup quarter final against Southampton?

Yes it did, I was going to say the same but you got in there being a smartarse before I could be one!

We drew 0-0 at home and lost the replay 1-5. I think the first game was also the first time we were televised live in a home match, and there was still a massive crowd, around 40k.

Yes it did, I was going to say the same but you got in there being a smartarse before I could be one!

We drew 0-0 at home and lost the replay 1-5. I think the first game was also the first time we were televised live in a home match, and there was still a massive crowd, around 40k.

Now who's being a smartarse....

;)