Who did what?

Guest JonR

Straight talking American.

If he loses, I am putting him up for Chairman, his immigration views would match nicely with Hulley and the man can magic a gun from nowhere, take THAT Addy.

But to more pressing matters, what's your hair like? If you do infact have hair :biggrin:

oh and something about a bear and shark :ph34r:

Guest JonR

I'd love it if what is hinted at in this thread turns out to be true. I'll not hold my breath though. a) its not The Wednesday Way and b) its on flippingOwlstalk FFS.

Entertaining though.

Hopefully my poo pooing of it will ensure it comes to fruition. :biggrin:

I think the new rule of thumb is anyone coming on owlstalk claiming to be an investor or know investors isnt telling the truth. It's not really how business works in the real world is it.

Guest billsaja

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Exactly like that!!

Bills all is forgiven if you use this pic as your avatar!

Give me some credit, I don't pander to people on here

Then again, I'd be mad too, that's two investors who have kissed your arse and turned out to be schysters. I have a mate whose Dad just died, he was the head of the Bank of Cote D'Ivoire and due to a quirk in the Will, has nearly $350,000,000 tied up in a bond help at HBSC bank in Kenya. Shall I send him your way?

We'd have to send our bank details first, wouldn't we?

:biggrin:

Guest JonR

Fair play Bill. Now stop dicking about with avatars and make with the phone calls. I dont believe you can pull it off. Now go prove me wrong, you know you can't resist a challenge like that. :biggrin: :biggrin:

bit late for phone calls though. Should prob start in the morning.

Which investment was more enjoyable for you guys?

Sheards or Club9Sports?

Guest billsaja

bit late for phone calls though. Should prob start in the morning.

Which investment was more enjoyable for you guys?

Sheards or Club9Sports?

In the spirit of Deadliest Warrior

Sheard vs Club9Sports

Online persona - Sueno vs Anglofile

Definitely edge to Club9Sports. While Sueno brought us such lasting gems as "BELIEVE" and "This Week" he just cannot compare with the deluded rantings of Anglofile/Landon. The shear (no pun intended) scope of the man's delusions, including talking to himself ('disguised' as Trevor Birch) on BigSoccer, trying to woo over Wednesdayites then going off on one, and then "re-rating" us to EXTREME NEGATIVE RATING in his own little made up world. Sheard just could not compete with that (mainly because he couldn't afford the money for a website, admittedly).

Most outrageous claim - "confident it will be compelling to the Board" vs "foot in the door"

Definitely edge to GS - his use of the fake bank was just one of any number of claims (multi-faith centres, David Beckham etc) that could easily have trounced anything Club9 came up with.

Best Comedy Character - Joe Kosich (again) or DJ Bobby (sorry, His Excellency the Ambassador for the United Nations)

Tough one, but whereas Joe was held out to be a deal maker and shaker, DJ Bobby was so obviously just here for our entertainment, he has to be given the edge. Edge, Sheard

Most trips to Director's Box

From best information available, Sheard again, 6 vs 4

So without even invoking the personal financial situation, the Uncle Fester revival look and the re-emergence as Far Canal, it is a no-contest.

Not to mention Sheard was a pioneer and didn't really do much harm, whereas C9S seems to have contributed to our relegation and have played a large part in costing us a Chairman.

Guest DSC_UK

I think he left after having all his eggs in one basket with Club9 and when they came back and tried to get the club on the cheap he felt he had to go as he was the one pushing for this deal in the first place.

JonR

Sorry if you thought that, in fact quite the opposite. Never has investment in SWFC been MORE attractive. For a mere 10mm it is obvious that 75% of the club can be obtained (valuing us around the same as Southampton) and that the Co-Op will forgive some of their debts and park the rest until progress has been made either financially or in terms of promotion back to the Premiership - this afternoon several posters on here have been starting discussions with major (and credible) investment groups with names you'd recognise without the aid of google and with other interested individuals. Whether anything comes of this or not who knows, but if you knew some of the discussions friends of mine were having and who they were involving (sorry to go all Owlsman) and how this was all being done with ZERO personal interest by ANY of the groups or individuals involved, you'd be happy to know that investment is far from impossible and that some very disparate parties are coming together for the good of the club as I sit here typing.

WTID is a great idea and should be explored, but if a figurehead who has demonstrated his Wednesday credentials, backed by serious and credible money, could make a bid for the club soon, there would be great cause for optimism. Certainly sorry if I painted a bleak picture, I think that investment is more feasible now than at any time in the club's recent history.

Cryptic enough for OT?

That was so cryptic, you should change your name to theowlsguy!