Who did what?

Guest JonR

From what i read bills says Lee turned down offers of cantact from wealthy people he knows

You're getting your wires crossed mate.

Bills says LS turned down the chance to meet them in Dec '09 as C9S had offered LS a sweetner to only deal with them.

But now LS has resigned and C9S have been turned down, Bills will try to put togrther the money through his contacts for LS to head a consortium and take over the club.

I think.

I don't think for one second he "quit" - in fact I know for a fact he was pushed.

The shirt sponsorship is tricky - now it looks terrible because of where we are in the League - at the time it probably made sense, and frankly for non-monetary reasons I am proud as hell of the club for doing it. As for the manager, seems our CURRENT chairman had more to do with that.

And yes, the people on the board were sick of him, but I think the feeling was mutual, and I'd LOVE to see it go around.

That said, quite possible Lee doesn't WANT the job again. If that's the case, anyone else want to step up and front?

Bills, slightly off track...

I imagine you as having Simon Jordan-like floppy hair - am I right?

I don't think for one second he "quit" - in fact I know for a fact he was pushed.

The shirt sponsorship is tricky - now it looks terrible because of where we are in the League - at the time it probably made sense, and frankly for non-monetary reasons I am proud as hell of the club for doing it. As for the manager, seems our CURRENT chairman had more to do with that.

And yes, the people on the board were sick of him, but I think the feeling was mutual, and I'd LOVE to see it go around.

That said, quite possible Lee doesn't WANT the job again. If that's the case, anyone else want to step up and front?

When will you inform Lee of this proposal?

Is it a case of getting comitment on the cash 1st.

Guest mickymagik

He would be a great figure head. I was thinking he could be a useful leader for the WTID scheme if he didnt have other plans. I think for most fans, its really bad news that he has left and for a while he was the fans champion.

To be fair to Lee he has a think big attitude, but hasnt had the cash to put it in place. Our previous chairman wouldnt have thought twice about going for the world cup or producing a masterplan...imagine what he could achieve with money.

If he turned down the potential investors then why would he back track now though?

I agree with you about being a good figure head but do you think he would return as chairman?

Surely not.

You're getting your wires crossed mate.

Bills says LS turned down the chance to meet them in Dec '09 as C9S had offered LS a sweetner to only deal with them.

But now LS has resigned and C9S have been turned down, Bills will try to put togrther the money through his contacts for LS to head a consortium and take over the club.

I think.

If you read this thread while listening to this, it kind of works...

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

If he turned down the potential investors then why would he back track now though?

I agree with you about being a good figure head but do you think he would return as chairman?

Surely not.

I personally got the impression that he had become tired of it all at the end so you could be right.

But if Lee was to be chairman and had a strong say in making decisions, he could possibly see it as an opportunity to ensure that things are done for the best of the club, rather than letting someone else come in as figurehead who he didnt trust. God knows, its late.

Either way, it looks as if his fingers have been burnt and everyone loves to prove a point dont they lol although in his statement today he did continue saying that he felt we didnt neccessarily need investment, not the words of a man about to head a consortium.

Slightly disappointed Arthur - I expected some comment about nobbing Charlene Tilton

First section - Lee throws a pile of papers into the air in the boardroom

Second section - turns around and gives huge smile into the middle distance

Third section - puts hand up to camera in 'no comment' style.

Guest mickymagik

I personally got the impression that he had become tired of it all at the end so you could be right.

But if Lee was to be chairman and had a strong say in making decisions, he could possibly see it as an opportunity to ensure that things are done for the best of the club, rather than letting someone else come in as figurehead who he didnt trust. God knows, its late.

Either way, it looks as if his fingers have been burnt and everyone loves to prove a point dont they lol although in his statement today he did continue saying that he felt we didnt neccessarily need investment, not the words of a man about to head a consortium.

Well apparently we are to watch this space. :blink:

Guest billsaja

Straight talking American.

If he loses, I am putting him up for Chairman, his immigration views would match nicely with Hulley and the man can magic a gun from nowhere, take THAT Addy.