Football heaven

Guest Sheff Owl

So we sit and do nowt...

It's one action that hasn't been tried before. I'm certain that W'ite / the SA can identify a fan or two with the right acumen to make a difference if elected to the board.

Identify them, put them forward - then see what reasons our board would have to reject them.

It would show the SA and W'ite were doing something POSITIVE to help the club.

In all honesty that's been the norm for Owl's fans, we must be the most patient fan's in England.

So we sit and do nowt...

It's one action that hasn't been tried before. I'm certain that W'ite / the SA can identify a fan or two with the right acumen to make a difference if elected to the board.

Identify them, put them forward - then see what reasons our board would have to reject them.

Not at all. I posted what I did in the hope that someone would point out my logic was flawed. :blush:

We need to do summat, but like Daz says, it neds to be the right summat.

Just read the wednesdayite elections thread and if you and Nigel are serious then I'm joining back up to back you both.

Daz - I agree with your stance. YES the board must be given a chance to speak / put forward their plans. BUT, this can't go on indefinately. It needs action fast.

Couldn't agree more....

Just read the wednesdayite elections thread and if you and Nigel are serious then I'm joining back up to back you both.

I'm deadly serious.

Out of interest - if there is an election do members get to vote for 5 nominees like before??

So we sit and do nowt...

There are not just two options though. It's not call an EGM or do nothing.

What happens if you call an EGM and it fails. What is the fall back position?

By all means call the board to account, press the need for a strong boardroom with identified roles and accountability. Is calling an EGM the only way to do that?.

Couldn't agree more....

Daz, a bit off topic, but can i just ask has anyone spoken to Dennis Hobson recently about helping out for example with WTID scheme?

Im not saying he is the answer, it is just he has gone completely off the radar in the last couple of years.

Guest Sheff Owl

Exactly what Wilko said...

So why then? do we not care unless we are winning game's and top of the League?

It alway's seem's that when the Owl's get in a little bit of a mess the fan's go missing, yet plenty write in paper's/ring Radios Station's/speak on Message board's yet when it come's to action people go missing...

I know they might go over the over the top a little bit but Newcastle fan's have shown in recent year's they won't stand for it, not just them but Huddesfield, i think Bradford also and a few other's which i can't think off the top of my head.

Daz, a bit off topic, but can i just ask has anyone spoken to Dennis Hobson recently about helping out for example with WTID scheme?

Im not saying he is the answer, it is just he has gone completely off the radar in the last couple of years.

He has been spoken with very recently, as have several other people. There's a lot going on right now in terms of trying to explore the range of possibles or to cross certain things off the list.

In principle yes.

But the point is that why call an EGM when we don't know what their view is. What happens if in our meeting with the 3 Directors they agree to certain things we seek? We'd have looked prize idiots calling an EGM for something they will go with anyway.

We are all as frustrated and angry as everyone else. But there's still a right way to go about things and jumping in head first might mean we resurface with a lot of egg on our faces. There is a hell of a lot of work going on behind the scenes - I know because I'm seeing it all and know how much time it is taking me personally - let alone some of the other Wednesdayite Directors.

We need to hear from them first before we can decide on any next steps and we fully understand that this dialogue needs to take place urgently.

well said Daz trouble is I don't think we've ever heard from them have we?

Edited by darra

well said Daz trouble is I don't think we've heard from them have we?

Until today the Board were represented in our meetings by LS and sometimes NP jointly.

Today this changes things, so we are seeking an early face to face meeting with the remaining Board members.

Until today the Board were represented in our meetings by LS and sometimes NP jointly.

Today this changes things, so we are seeking an early face to face meeting with the remaining Board members.

Daz, just out of interest

A) do you think that the very people who would not have dialogue prior to LS & NP will now agree to it?

B) How long do you give them to respond.

Guest hayhurst

That's quite a major point our board don't have the best record of openness or willingness to engage in debate with third parties.

Guest Bellsview

Is working with the board what people want? I'll be honest, I want shut asap. How many chances of working with them do we want? They are no longer up to the job.

And unlike in the past, when DA and co were able to spread false propoganda about Wednesdayite throughout the media, this time I think the vast majority of supporters will see through that and will support a campaign for change - especially if we strike whilst the iron is still hot.

We desperately need a change at the top, and whilst we might not be able to do it via an EGM, Wednesdayite is certainly a useful vehicle for pressing that message home to supporters in other ways, via the media etc. Wednesdayite could stimulate and then help co-ordinate a sustained, pressurised campaign to get these people out, making life very difficult for them - because at the end of the day do these dithering old farts really want such hassle at their time of their life?

That would be my suggested way forward if it was my choice - for Wednesdayite to end dialogue with the board (don't even give them the opportunity to turn us down) and then mount a serious campaign to get them out.

Guest Deleted member

That would be my suggested way forward if it was my choice - for Wednesdayite to end dialogue with the board (don't even give them the opportunity to turn us down) and then mount a serious campaign to get them out.

Totally agree with Daz (above) and will be happy to withdraw my application for the Wednesdayite Board if progress is made on it with the approval of the 3 remaining directors.

However Bells - I do feel they have to be given the opportunity to turn down dialogue with Wednesdayite - as theres no point using dynamite to blow open an open door.....

If its shut and bolted however....

Surely there has to be a way to force them to talk. I cant remember the last time i heard from any of them or saw them for that matter.

I think we have got to a point now where we need a total clearout in the Board room. I really cant see a way round it either tbh. If they wont talk then the best option will be for them to step down.