Football heaven

Guest Sheff Owl

Just listened to it all now and I'm sorry, but Howard just does not do it for me .....

I think we can all agree on that, but to be fair to the guy he don't want it does he really, there is nobody else unless one of the 3 want's it and i don't think anyone would want that.

I think we can all agree on that, but to be fair to the guy he don't want it does he really, there is nobody else unless one of the 3 want's it and i don't think anyone would want that.

From the sounds of it as well, there sounds next to nothing in terms of the budget

Who's to say that Alan won't just walk away from it all as well ?

Just imagine, no money to bring in new players, awful squad, poor results, fans turn on Alan, Alan's reputation hit, Alan gets sacked...... here we go again

Guest Sheff Owl

From the sounds of it as well, there sounds next to nothing in terms of the budget

Who's to say that Alan won't just walk away from it all as well ?

Just imagine, no money to bring in new players, awful squad, poor results, fans turn on Alan, Alan's reputation hit, Alan gets sacked...... here we go again

Yep, that's what i was saying in the 'recruitment' thread, Irvine was kinda saying he was not sure of the budget yet, so what the hell happen's now?

I have a feeling that i don't think Irvine will walk away BUT maybe there could be a feeling of if Coventry make a move I WANT TO SPEAK TO THEM.

As much as the jury is out for me with Irvine, you can't fault him if he flip's off, the club is a mess...

It only need's a bad start for Irvine like you say, i think a lot of people are still undecided with him so it won't take much to get on his back -

This is why.....

As for an EGM - I think you need to consider the following:

1. You need 10% of the shares to call one - yes, we could if we had a mandate to do so; but

2. If the resolution would be a no-confidence vote in various board members then it has no chance of success because:

a. the individuals do not have to speak at the EGM - so it might be a good way for shareholders to spout off, but apart from costing the club money, there is little point in calling it just for this without a chance of it being able to achieve its objective

b. Historically, only 60-65% of the shareholders vote and recently it appeared that DA's circa 10% has been abstaining (Chesterfield implications??) so that will now likely be a voting turnout at best of just 55%

c. Of that 55%, Hulley and Addy control around 21%, and Board proxies would account for say around another 7% - so around 28% out of say 55% would be certain to vote against

d. Add to that those who vote on the day and even if that were 75% of those voting 'our' way, it is impossible to get sufficient votes - in any case it is likely in c. above that the result would be certain even before the EGM

Why go into a battle you have no chance of winning, won't be guaranteed a single answer, and in so doing provide the usual quarters with ammo against Wednesdayite for fracturing the club (even though we/they should know that as fans we only have the club's short and long term interests at heart).

So, it is much better to try first to communicate across a table than it is from the floor of a hostile EGM.

The FIRST thing we must do is meet with the Board urgently face to face and see what they have to say and what their plans are.

We can draw our conclusions from such a meeting - everything else will follow.

I wished I'd seem this before I opened me gob.

But in theory I'm right then?...........if we can get hold of Daves 9.99999% we could defeat the present board..........just.

Until today the Board were represented in our meetings by LS and sometimes NP jointly.

Today this changes things, so we are seeking an early face to face meeting with the remaining Board members.

Assuming NP is still in a job, why wouldn't the Board just send him long alone as their representaitve? In that sense, nothing would've changed.

let's wait and see what happens to our request for an urgent face to face meeting and them being invited to address our members on 26th...... they really need to be visible at this time and it would be a good opportunity for them to state their cases.......

let's wait and see what happens to our request for an urgent face to face meeting and them being invited to address our members on 26th...... they really need to be visible at this time and it would be a good opportunity for them to state their cases.......

unfortunately mate I wouldn't hold your breath...the last thing this shower will ever do is make themselves accountable...to anyone not just Wednesdayite

unfortunately mate I wouldn't hold your breath...the last thing this shower will ever do is make themselves accountable...to anyone not just Wednesdayite

Them failing to show is as clear a statement as they could make. Equally, so is sending in HW.

As Daz has said, there is little point in starting WW3 with them, when all we would do is lose.

Patience, strong leadership, and cool heads.