Takeover Set To Be Sealed

:ph34r:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Sheffield-Wednesday-takeover-set-to-be-sealed-article404371.html

Sheffield Wednesday’s £20million takeover by Chicago-based investment company Club 9 Sports is set to be sealed within the next few weeks.

The Americans had stalled on doing the deal until the ­summer when they would know what division the Owls will be competing in next season.

But now they have made it clear that they want to ­finalise “in the coming weeks” — irrespective of whether Wednesday stay in the Championship or drop down to League One.

Club 9, who have now made moves towards completing legal formalities, will provide £10m to cut the Yorkshire outfit’s £26m debt and hand manager Alan Irvine £10m for team strengthening.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

Thought it was investment and not a takeover?

ditto

didn't they say something along the lines of "we do not envisage ever making an offer for shares" in a previous statement

Guest carlg

Some cynics might say that our relegation actually makes any such investment/takeover more attractive as our 'valuation' will be significantly downgraded yet our potential as a club/investment remains the same.

Also some loan note holders, for example and old guard stakeholders, for example, may be heartily sick and tired of waiting for the glory days to return and the pay-out of promotion to premier league - assuming they live that long, in some cases, so I have been hearing from drunken barflys and the like.

Cash in the Chips now, as it were and bail out, even for a lesser deal. Relegation will catalyse the radical change SWFC has so badly needed, for so long.

Could be the only silver lining to this dark and gloomy cloud - some might speculate. Maybe. I disagree, just repeating random bar talk from a drunken stranger ....

Then again, if Brunty scores a hat trick tomorrow night and we somehow win next week ..... funny how as even the deal is ready to be done, it seems, is clearly NOT happening until end of season.

Or maybe after tomorrow night, should Brunty not score a hat trick.

Grassy knoll time.

Guest sheridan's2penalties

Some cynics might say that our relegation actually makes any such investment/takeover more attractive as our 'valuation' will be significantly downgraded yet our potential as a club/investment remains the same.

Also some loan note holders, for example and old guard stakeholders, for example, may be heartily sick and tired of waiting for the glory days to return and the pay-out of promotion to premier league - assuming they live that long, in some cases, so I have been hearing from drunken barflys and the like.

Cash in the Chips now, as it were and bail out, even for a lesser deal. Relegation will catalyse the radical change SWFC has so badly needed, for so long.

Could be the only silver lining to this dark and gloomy cloud - some might speculate. Maybe. I disagree, just repeating random bar talk from a drunken stranger ....

Then again, if Brunty scores a hat trick tomorrow night and we somehow win next week ..... funny how as even the deal is ready to be done, it seems, is clearly NOT happening until end of season.

Or maybe after tomorrow night, should Brunty not score a hat trick.

Grassy knoll time.

Daft thing is the other day I was wondering what I would rather have: No investment and stay in the Championship, or invesment but League 1 football.

Well if there is no investment, and IF we manage to stay up, next season will just be another struggle IMO.

If on the other hand we go down but do get some investment, next season the whole club could be buzzing if we have a good run at promotion with a bright looking future off the field too.

A lot of IFS though.

Edited by sheridan's2penalties

there is no "takeover" the club is and never has been "for sale".... well not at the currently low shareprice.

if only the "old regime" could bring in a successful, charismatic local buisnessman to galvanise the fanbase,increase season ticket sales..thus the wage budget and hopefully fluke a promotion.... then watch the share price increase.

then you would see a takeover.

Daft thing is the other day I was wondering what I would rather have: No investment and stay in the Championship, or invesment but League 1 football.

Well if there is no investment, and IF we manage to stay up, next season will just be another struggle IMO.

If on the other hand we go down but do get some investment, next season the whole club could be buzzing if we have a good run at promotion with a bright looking future off the field too.

A lot of IFS though.

What about if we go down and get no investment?

Guest sheridan's2penalties

What about if we go down and get no investment?

Oh yeah, the worst case scenario... and unfortunately the most likely.