Cardiff - Play off final - Fan pics

Easily the best day of my life! Had to sit with the monkey hangers fans though becuase I couldn't get a home end ticket.

I somehow managed to sit quietly during the whole game to prevent a kicking in the stands, but when the final whistle went the majority of people around me had whipped off there jumpers to reveal Wednesday shirts so celebrated with loads of randoms.

When Steve Maclean scored that penalty I thought I was having a stroke.........................I HAD A STROKE WHEN i GOT HOME! WOOOOHAY!

30 seconds left...

What a story it would be...

Half of Sheffield's here to see this...

I get time up but the referee plays on...

Talbot, he's beyond the last man, he's gonna bear down on goal...

This would really wrap it up... Drew Talbot round the goalkeeper...

Wednesday are promoted to the championship and it's the teenager who guarantees championship football

What a dramatic end, to a dramatic game, in a dramatic season

Wednesday have done it, Wednesday are back. After years of pain Wednesday have joy

Arise Sir Paul you are king my friend... you are king

Drew Talbot makes it Sheffield Wednesday 4 Hartlepool 2

Wednesday are promoted, Paul Sturrock has got Sheffield Wednesday promoted to the championship

Paul Walker

May 29th, 2005

30 seconds left...

What a story it would be...

Half of Sheffield's here to see this...

I get time up but the referee plays on...

Talbot, he's beyond the last man, he's gonna bear down on goal...

This would really wrap it up... Drew Talbot round the goalkeeper...

Wednesday are promoted to the championship and it's the teenager who guarantees championship football

What a dramatic end, to a dramatic game, in a dramatic season

Wednesday have done it, Wednesday are back. After years of pain Wednesday have joy

Arise Sir Paul you are king my friend... you are king

Drew Talbot makes it Sheffield Wednesday 4 Hartlepool 2

Wednesday are promoted, Paul Sturrock has got Sheffield Wednesday promoted to the championship

Paul Walker

May 29th, 2005

The only time i've listened to the coconut without thinking *STFU & STFO* :cool:

I have been hunting through old back up disks and can’t find the Cardiff pictures

I got a brilliant one of Chris Waddle leaning over a railing chatting to a kid of about 6 years old

That was the picture that summed up the day for me, one of the best players to ever grace our ground, chatting away to one of the fans of the future.

My memories of that day that will stick in my mind are as follows

The pub across the river where Waddle was, I walked in to get the drinks, and loads of the lads from my local were in there, that was a very surreal moment

The young lad (probably about 20 ish) was singing his heart out and the wife’s dad telling him to save his voice for inside the ground.

My son knackered before kick off as we set off early in the morning.

But I suppose the best memory of the day apart from the win, is the fact that trouble between both sets of fans was virtually non existent, we walked all the way round that stadium without one bit of trouble, and the Hartlepool fans were very pleasant, shaking hands with us.

Without wanting to sound patronising in any way football was the winner that day, both sets of fans were a credit to their clubs

I had a brilliant video of that day on my phone - then some time later my phone got broken in half :mad:

I hadn't downloaded it either

I had Talbots goal.... :mad:

Lost the phone on a night out and I hadnt downloaded it either.... gutted.... it was of the fans reaction to him breaking clear, the anticpiation, then the wild celebrations.... awesome.

I got a brilliant one of Chris Waddle leaning over a railing chatting to a kid of about 6 years old

That was the picture that summed up the day for me, one of the best players to ever grace our ground, chatting away to one of the fans of the future.

Waddler was on our coach.... they told us we couldnt take ale on the coach (we fained ignorance lol ).... then Waddle laboured on board with 2 crates of woodpecker.

He got Sheridan on the blower on the way back too.... got him on hands free... all you could make out was "Were all wednesday arent we"

One of the greatest days of my life.