Cardiff - Play off final - Fan pics

Ahhhhhhhhhh memories.... drop a few in here....Feel like looking through them after watching the DVD.

(plus I'm after a pic of the main square at the play off final.... the kid taking the photo was hung off a traffic light and he/she posted it on here, and i was on it)

KTHXBAI

UTO

x

Who has the DVD with all the Sky pre-match interviews with fans outside the stadium?

I ask because iam indeed on one of those segements! :happy:

Think its an interview with a hartlepool fan. Anyways me and my mate decided to stand behind him and pull faces. My friend is right in shot and the lanky streak of wee wee next to him is me.

What a day that was :biggrin:

Watching that video just makes you realise what an incredible day it was.

You are reliving every single emotion from the day, and bleedin' hell, it was an emotional day.

It's strange looking back at the players- a lot of those players took a lot of flak from supporters, but what they produced on that day, and in the second half of that season under Sturrock was magnificent. Those players seemed to love the club, and enjoyed playing together. The likes of Heckingbottom, Rocastle, McGovern, Bullen, Peacock etc. weren't the greatest players in the world, but it meant a lot to play for the club.

It's no criticism of the player who play for us today, but you just get that the same vibe from the current squad. S'pose it was a case of the right players, at the right time.

Watching that video just makes you realise what an incredible day it was.

You are reliving every single emotion from the day, and bleedin' hell, it was an emotional day.

It's strange looking back at the players- a lot of those players took a lot of flak from supporters, but what they produced on that day, and in the second half of that season under Sturrock was magnificent. Those players seemed to love the club, and enjoyed playing together. The likes of Heckingbottom, Rocastle, McGovern, Bullen, Peacock etc. weren't the greatest players in the world, but it meant a lot to play for the club.

It's no criticism of the player who play for us today, but you just get that the same vibe from the current squad. S'pose it was a case of the right players, at the right time.

PS created a team spirit that I'm not sure we'll ever see again...........everything about that day was down to him.

has there ever been as big an attendance at a League One play off final.. curious

I'd say no because I'm pretty certain, forgive me if I'm wrong, that we took the biggest single club attendance to any cup final (including FA Cup and League Cup) in the Cardiff years.

The feeling as they scored the second.

Macca coming on and us getting a dubious penalty, just KNOWING maclean would score.

Drew's goal was the high point though, relief and joy.

But the scenes around cardiff were amazing before and after the game.

Love that ground, wembley isn't a patch on it.

Edited by Owls2k