Using the advance ticket sales

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Is this possible?

Can we potentially 'borrow' £250k from next years advance sales to let the manager bring in a few other loanees?

If we are relegated we can probably get promoted on a smaller budget anyway?

What we need is our Independant Supporters Association, Trust or summat, to put their view across and lend support to this proposal. When we were experiencing difficulties during the DA reign they were rightly very vocal in their concerns. Is this situation not as desperate?

Or is their non-activity linked to the possibility of a seat on the board, should investment be forthcoming on the back of a 'community' style football club vision?

Genuine question btw.

Is this possible?

Can we potentially 'borrow' £250k from next years advance sales to let the manager bring in a few other loanees?

Didn't Cardiff do something similar and leave themselves up poo poo creek for the nex season.

Is this possible?

what happend to the fans chuck something in thread,with that and squad builder ,can,t we do something there

What we need is our Independant Supporters Association, Trust or summat, to put their view across and lend support to this proposal. When we were experiencing difficulties during the DA reign they were rightly very vocal in their concerns. Is this situation not as desperate?

Or is their non-activity linked to the possibility of a seat on the board, should investment be forthcoming on the back of a 'community' style football club vision?

Genuine question btw.

We are looking at various suggestions - What do you think about my suggestion(in another thread) for every fan to put a fiver in to fund loan signings.

If we just do it as wednesdayite with only 1,600 members we would not get suffcient, this needs us ALL 16,000 X £5 = £80,000

Five pounds is only two pints - but to work it needs everyone.

How do we get ALL SUPPORTERS to contribute?

We could also try to get a "matched funding agreement" with the board and/or the current playing squad.(so between them they put in £80,000)

As our current wage bill is £6m per annum ( £0.5m per month) would it be too much to ask players to forgoe 10% of their pre-tax wage for the next two months to help to try to retain our league status(raising £112k). (this way they get tax relief on their agreed contribution and the club also save the emploers NI cost).

We are looking at various suggestions - What do you think about my suggestion(in another thread) for every fan to put a fiver in to fund loan signings.

If we just do it as wednesdayite with only 1,600 members we would not get suffcient, this needs us ALL 16,000 X £5 = £80,000

We could also try to get a "matched funding agreement" with the board and/or the current playing squad.(so between them they put in £80,000)

As our current wage bill is £6m per annum ( £0.5m per month) would it be too much to ask players to forgoe 10% of their pre-tax wage for the next two months to help to try to retain our league status(raising £112k). (this way they get tax relief on their agreed contribution and the club also save the emploers NI cost).

like the idea :biggrin:

Just to give you some feedback - I would be happy with that. Those willing to donate just need;

1. a definitive figure

2. how to donate

3. when to donate

UTO and thanks for your suggestions/work

Is this possible?

What's the point? It is just throwing good money after bad. The evil spirit is watching over us and he must be defeated.

After Saturday - I think the players themselves should put their hands in their pockets. No proffessional football club should be losing five nil...

So you're saying that if we were good enough, we shouldn't beat a team 5-0?

I recall Manchester United losing 5-0 and 6-3 within a little more than a week several years ago.

When we finished 3rd in the top flight in 1991/2, we had 6-1 and 7-1 defeats.

After Saturday - I think the players themselves should put their hands in their pockets. No proffessional football club should be losing five nil...

So, should professional football clubs be winning games 5-0 then?

We lost to Reading 6-0 last season and still finished a respectable 12th

Plus regular thumpings away at Old Trafford and Anfield were a norm in the premier league days and we still finished in respectable positions.

Part and parcel of football. Bristol City lost 8-0 against Swansea City a few years ago and lost in the play offs to Barnsley ( i may be wrong on that one, can someone check )

I recall Manchester United losing 5-0 and 6-3 within a little more than a week several years ago.

When we finished 3rd in the top flight in 1991/2, we had 6-1 and 7-1 defeats.

I agree - 5-0's happen. However, I cannot recall a many seasons when we have been dead and buried in so many games by the hour mark.