Esajas

Guest Rich241206

I think if he is given a run of games instead of 15 mins here and there then we will see the best of him. He's our most creative player and the most technically gifted imho.

Hes also lazy, can't tackle, has woeful positioning sense and doesnt look bothered much of the time.

To be the above things and still get into a team in the Championship regularly, you need be be very creative and extremely gifted technically. Which Esajas is not.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Probably because on the evidence shown to date he rates Soares better than Esajas, it could also be the wingers on the wrong side argument as well, playing Soares there offers Frankie more protection than Esajas would IMHO

Just like Gray offers valued support to Spurr..

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

The only way i can see it is with a 4-3-1-2 with him in a free role behind 2 strikers, will need a tight mid 3 though and we will lack width.

Not a winner with me but its the only way i can see him fitting in.

Kinda like Ginola used to play at Spurs, (but obviously no where near as good!!) lol

You obviously have not heard anything AI has said over the last few weeks, he will not give anybody a free role when he is trying to make us harder to beat more solid our attacking play should return more when JJ returns and think he will play him up front and Tudgay going out wide right with them switching positions on a regular basis during a game.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Esajas needs a run of games its simple as .....

you can't produce the goods in 15 minutes here and there ...

bloody play him!!!

He was given a chance several weeks ago and he blew his chance he has one great game then given 4/5 games and he never does it on a regular basis, another one to get shut of at the end of the season.

Hes also lazy, can't tackle, has woeful positioning sense and doesnt look bothered much of the time.

To be the above things and still get into a team in the Championship regularly, you need be be very creative and extremely gifted technically. Which Esajas is not.

I agree he can be lazy but there is no doubt he has talent and bringing him on for 10 minutes is hard for him to make an impact and thats the same with any player. I believe he at least deserves a half especially when things go wrong as he can add quality. If it was me i would have brought him on at half time against donny, as to be fair he couldn't do any worse than the rest of our midifield that game!

Alan has gone for wingers who, to be fair to them arent out and out wingers.

Thats not because he hates creativity but because our back four cant handle the exposure. Our team has been solid yet unspectacular and thats what you have to go through sometimes when your in a relegation battle.

Spurr has struggled at times this season when there has been no one to back him up and Esajas wouldnt solve this. In fact our full backs actually have the ability to overlap and deliver a cross and should do this more.

I quite like Esajas and he reminds me of Brunt in his early years, but he is a player that needs to be carried at times which is why he probably isnt in the team.

We should certainly get him on the pitch earlier when we are losing though.

I think if he is given a run of games instead of 15 mins here and there then we will see the best of him. He's our most creative player and the most technically gifted imho.

Irvine probably wonders this as well.

But its the same situation that Laws faced where he cant afford to lose games and cant take a long term risk of giving Esajas 5 games to prove himself

I agree he can be lazy but there is no doubt he has talent and bringing him on for 10 minutes is hard for him to make an impact and thats the same with any player. I believe he at least deserves a half especially when things go wrong as he can add quality. If it was me i would have brought him on at half time against donny, as to be fair he couldn't do any worse than the rest of our midifield that game!

Really? Bearing in mind that the opinions in this thread are divided down the middle I would argue that constitutes at lease some doubt.

Guest Walkley_Owl

He will move on this summer

Sign for a club who uses wingers as they should be played and will turn out to be a very, very effective championship winger

I doubt he'll stay in this country

Grays over worked, has to look after tommy AND write that blog fo't bbc

:happy:

haha fair point , the blog has been better than his performances of late ! He needs a rest for sure. Back to the point we have known about Esajas's poor defensive side for a while, surely this can be improved in training !?

I doubt he'll stay in this country

hope not, becuause he is just one of those players, that utilised in the right way (possibly at the expense of defensive team duties) he can cause damage to any side...... let's just hope that aint against us in the future

Guest JonTheOwl66

For all the Wednesday matches I've been to during the past two years, whenever he is on, the feeling is that he will at least be CREATIVE!

Give this guy a regular place Alan, get the bal out to him so we can get going at teams for a change!!

Esajas is poo . End of.

I don't think he is poo , he is just one of those players who needs a constant pat on the back.

He is a luxury player as Glaser said and we can't afford to run the risk of playing him at the moment, plus we ain't strong enough around other areas

to compensate for this.

Shame for us we will release him and he will return with someone else and score a screamer into top corner!

We'd get rinsed every week if we played Esajas as part of a normal 4-4-2... we can just about get away with JJ playing as he works hard, but Esajas is knackered after 20 minutes and looks like a lost puppy when we don't have the ball.

I like him as a player and he's got tremendous ability, but if he wants to stay, he's either going to have to adapt his game to play in the 4-4-2, or he's going to have to try playing up front.

I think he'll leave in the sumer and go back to Holland personally, where he won't have to worry so much about tracking back, protecting his full back etc- he can just concentrate on his attacking.

Edited by TheBoyBeevers