Burnley target CB

Although paper talk should be taken with a pinch of salt, it's nice to see Kyle Bartley linked with a move to Burnley rather than Tom Lees as it was in the summer. 

Let the vultures pick at Leeds and Huddersfield as a result of their good seasons whilst we go quietly about our business.

i always think an injury to players has one positive and that is that if they are heavily linked with moves to bigger clubs, it takes them off the radar, think Kieran Lee was linked with Sunderland, yet since he got injured they've signed the lads from Everton so he won't be required by them, same with Lees/FF, and living in Derby I noticed it with Will Hughes, he was on the verge of joining Liverpool and now I'd be surprised if he ever left Derby after a year out

TBF I thought Bartley played really well Vs Newcastle the other day.

Seems a really good player.

Think him and Jansson are the best CB partnership in the division - Leeds don't ship many. 

In saying that, I don't remember us getting tonked that many times this season. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Guest RocketOwl

Think the thing with Lees is it would be touch and go if he made the step up and you could go abroad at a lower price and get the same result

Touch and go if you don't go to games.

Anyone who watches Lees week in week out can see he would be sound in the Premier League.

Jansson is the star in that pairing. 

He's as good a defender as there is at Championship level. 

Bartley is decent enough and has been a bit of a revelation for Leeds this season, but I don't think he's good enough for the Premier League and never has been. 

Touch and go if you don't go to games.

Anyone who watches Lees week in week out can see he would be sound in the Premier League.

Not so sure, as said he doesn't have the range of passing modern PL defenders seem to need. Would certainly be worth a squad place but fear he would end up not being first choice and wasting his career (but becoming seriously rich)

Think him and Jansson are the best CB partnership in the division - Leeds don't ship many. 

In saying that, I don't remember us getting tonked that many times this season. 

They've conceded 40 to our 41. Only top two conceded less.

Guest RocketOwl

Not so sure, as said he doesn't have the range of passing modern PL defenders seem to need. Would certainly be worth a squad place but fear he would end up not being first choice and wasting his career (but becoming seriously rich)

Think that's a myth to. Noticed when he was out a few commenting on his passing and how Sasso is good at it. Leeds is fine at bringing the ball out and passing. He reminds of Gary Cahill. I have absolutely no reservations about Tom Lees playing in the premier league, none at all.

Think that's a myth to. Noticed when he was out a few commenting on his passing and how Sasso is good at it. Leeds is fine at bringing the ball out and passing. He reminds of Gary Cahill. I have absolutely no reservations about Tom Lees playing in the premier league, none at all.

Well hopefully we will see this next year :rolleyes:

Guest RocketOwl

Well hopefully we will see this next year :rolleyes:

Harry Maguire and Alfie Mawon have been playing week in week out. Sometimes Lucas plays at CB for Liverpool. There are lots of players playing who he's just as capable as.

They've conceded 40 to our 41. Only top two conceded less.

Yeah and a notable difference between the two sides, one teams been over reliant on goals from one source and had no injuries to key players and t'other way around for the other team. 

So, if we can begin to hit the onion bag more often, we are in with a reeyt chance. 

Lees isn't going anywhere. 

As for Burnley.  Well done to the them and the Dyche chap.

They've stuck with him when he could have got the boot. 

The usual "He took us as far as he can" could easily have been trotted out.

How refreshing to see owners not getting carried away. 

The manager had done a great job at a smaller club. Spent wisely and built an effective unit with clearly an excellent team spirit.  

A nice story that.  

Still find it hard to listen to him though, sounds like he washes his cornflakes down with a handfull broken pebbles.