£6m Dead Money

2 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Please CC & DC, let's get shut of this lot before we bring anything else in, because having played Football manager for years I know getting rid of players is as simple as clicking the transfer list button and I get offers for them immediately.

Why does it have to be before signing anyone? Do you have to pay the wages of any new players until those players leave. It's mr Cs money who are we to tell him how to spend it?  I just want the best team he can afford. 

2 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

5 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Please CC & DC, let's get shut of this lot before we bring anything else in, because having played Football manager for years I know getting rid of players is as simple as clicking the transfer list button and I get offers for them immediately.

Well I'm no mathematician but if the club are paying wages to players who will never get a game then that truly is dead money.

Can't we just live in simpler world and tell them no more wages as there is no more work so find another job? Bus and others will be loving getting £1000's for literally doing nothing - Human nature I guess. Something has to be done surely?

3 minutes ago, pinowl said:

Well I'm no mathematician but if the club are paying wages to players who will never get a game then that truly is dead money.

Can't we just live in simpler world and tell them no more wages as there is no more work so find another job? Bus and others will be loving getting £1000's for literally doing nothing - Human nature I guess. Something has to be done surely?

Yeah unfortunatly these days its not simple, its why some managers dont get sacked no matter how bad the team is playing, because it would cost too much (Alex Neil at Norwich springs to mind), and players who have no motivation and dont really care about football can sit around earning thousands for doing nothing

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Well apparently 6 million, or is that 6 million over the lengths of their contracts? I dunno, you are going to have to break it down for us here, lest I think you are just making up random numbers and you actually don't know lol

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Why does it have to be before signing anyone? Do you have to pay the wages of any new players until those players leave. It's mr Cs money who are we to tell him how to spend it?  I just want the best team he can afford. 

The players listed are costing the club a vast amount of money. If you want to be picky then yes of course we cannot get them all out en-bloc.

Didnt realise it was a forum where people weren't able to voice their opinions, good grief!

On the other more serious point, they are wasted, and they aren't gonna feature, but unfortunatly no one wants them, apart from maybe Dave, hell, LM apparantly refused to go on loan in the summer.

Thing is, the chairman clearly feels that getting them all out isnt a priority, so I tend to trust him  on this, after all he owns the club and knows more than me about the finances

4 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

Don't be such a smart *rse lad. I know it's not easy to get rid of dead wood. But it's blatantly obvious that we cannot carry on carrying this baggage

Not being a smart arse, you're just being simplistic (went with the polite option), and not very original at that, people have been posting we should off load this that and the other player, it's obvious there are players we need to move out but there has to be clubs willing to sign them and the players need to be willing to make compromises to make it happen, posting the same threads over and over on here isn't going to magically get players out of our club.

4 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Well apparently 6 million, or is that 6 million over the lengths of their contracts? I dunno, you are going to have to break it down for us here, lest I think you are just making up random numbers and you actually don't know lol

Do you think that I'm being grossly inaccurate in estimating £6m each year in wages for these players or are you just being a clever so and so looking simply to pick fault with my original post?

16 minutes ago, pinowl said:

Your reply is too logical and full of good points mate. You may not get a reply from many with that post 

lol