MARSHALL WANTS TO STAY

would cost a million if he walks out on stoke.......is this correct i was under the impression it went to some sort of arbitration committee .

Yeah, if Stoke offer him a new contract that is of equal to or more than his current contract and he rejects it, anyone he signs for will own Stoke a 7-figure sum (set by a tribunal) because of the length of time he's been at Stoke and his age.

Guest S60Carl

The easy thing is to beat Aldershot then draw Man Utd away. The proceeds from which should cover the initial outlay for Ben 10, with add ons to follow.

Yeah, if Stoke offer him a new contract that is of equal to or more than his current contract and he rejects it, anyone he signs for will own Stoke a 7-figure sum (set by a tribunal) because of the length of time he's been at Stoke and his age.

so if say palmer walks at the end of his contract we would get a million quid .....

so if say palmer walks at the end of his contract we would get a million quid .....

Think it is structured for the club's level ie a Premiership club would get X times more than a League One club. So, we would get a 6-figure some that will be between say £150k and £300k at a guess (the tribunal don't make public the compensation ranges).

Everything clearly favours the Premiership clubs!!

Think it is structured for the club's level ie a Premiership club would get X times more than a League One club. So, we would get a 6-figure some that will be between say £150k and £300k at a guess (the tribunal don't make public the compensation ranges).

Everything clearly favours the Premiership clubs!!

cheers mate .....favours the prem clubs theres a surprise ....anyway if he costs a million so be it lets hope we get him

Hmmm I guess they could offer him a contract in the hope of getting that '7 figure fee'.

I still think Pulis will accept a decent offer. I guess a lot will depend on whether we spend all of January fart ar$ing around, like we did with ALF

You don't exactly know the facts of the situation do you?

The deals for Lowe, O'Grady and Lines were pretty much completed in a flash. Don't you think they'd approach the ALF deal in the same way?

You don't exactly know the facts of the situation do you?

The deals for Lowe, O'Grady and Lines were pretty much completed in a flash. Don't you think they'd approach the ALF deal in the same way?

The COG deal was a drawn out affair in terms of agreeing a fee. We tried paying too little for ALF to exploit the situation then he went and banged the goals in, hindsight and all that.

See, I totally understand why we have been getting lots of loan players in, because Milan and probably megson too, is reluctant to sign players just to get promoted who might not fit in in the championship. Players like Batth, are brilliant this season, but you're never going to be sure with a centre half if they can make the step up.

Marshall will DEFINITELY do a job in teh championship, and I'd love to at least try and sign him perminantly

Coke pretty much did that to Bury.

He could have easily said "I'm enjoying playing at SWFC atm. I don't know what the future holds though because it's in my managers hands"

To actually say he would like to stay is definitely a positive!

There is a difference. Marshall is a quality player, who could quite easily play at least one division higher, whereas Coke isn't good enough to play consistently at our level. Coke said what he said about Bury (if he said it) because he realised how lucky he was to get a regular place in a third division team. Marshall sees the potential at Hillsborough, and might just want to be part of the reawakening of the club.

Guest foreverSWFC

Everybody needs to get real.

We will NOT sign Marshall on a permanent basis. He's is by far the best player in the league, and would be i reckon equally as impressive in the Championship. He's a young lad and Stoke are not going to sell him, only for ridiculous money, which we haven't got. He will be near the Stoke first team next season without a doubt.

What we can do is get him on loan for the rest of the season, but i feel this will even be a tough task. Stoke want him to develop therefore i fear he will be loaned to a Championship club for the remainder of the campaign.

Edited by foreverSWFC

Coke pretty much did that to Bury.

He could have easily said "I'm enjoying playing at SWFC atm. I don't know what the future holds though because it's in my managers hands"

To actually say he would like to stay is definitely a positive!

Was going to say the same...

Coke turned round and said thanks, but I want to go back and fight for a place.

Marshall could easily do/say the same, but he hasn't.