Is money being spent?

whatever he does he will have to spend the 2017 statement says that he will,good times are just around the corner methinks so happy how things are progressing

at swfc MM may not have dipped in his own wallet much but as he promised he seems to have found us someone with a bigger one who's zips not stuck lol

seriously though if we get to the prem sooner rather than later and i have a chance of seeing it i will be over the moon ,But most of all i am happy for the youngsters who go week in week out and have yet to see the blue and whites fly , they deserve it and so do you all ,

ps Great post Ronio , ;-)

Great OP

She knows her stuff does Ronio!

*sniggers*

We know he's spent circa 40m on the club, and a couple of million on the pitch and scoreboard, plus hired staff for a new committee, but at the moment we really don't know how much he's going to spend on the team and there do seem to be some conflicting message flying around.

Pearson said that Mr C was frighteningly ambitious, but tempered this by saying that money would be used sensibly - not throwing it around.

The rumours coming from back room staff range from exciting times to don't expect too much, and there's still continual talk of Gray being replaced.

Bullen has said that he hopes Lavery will be our top striker next season, and while I hope he scores 20 goals too, it doesn't give the impression that Bullen's expecting a couple of proven strikers to come in.

Let's hope we make some top class proven signings soon!

re the apparently conflicting comments, I'd say the qualifier makes sense to me as he doesn't want Mr C to think that he's into spending other people's money willy nilly (even if he is) and also doesn't want supporters to think we are the new Man Citeh, because we're not. I do think we will spend, but not bucket loads. Besides, I don't think we need to. Expect that Darra is close with his 5+ mill.

Guest shakesby

whatever he does he will have to spend the 2017 statement says that he will,good times are just around the corner methinks so happy how things are progressing

at swfc MM may not have dipped in his own wallet much but as he promised he seems to have found us someone with a bigger one who's zips not stuck lol

seriously though if we get to the prem sooner rather than later and i have a chance of seeing it i will be over the moon ,But most of all i am happy for the youngsters who go week in week out and have yet to see the blue and whites fly , they deserve it and so do you all ,

ps Great post Ronio , ;-)

Indeed Trev. I've got memories of the relegation, but I didn't truly appreciate what the Premier League and Wednesday meant.

Hope it comes around and stays for my kids in the future, I don't think I'd have the heart to put them through what we've been through for the past 15 years!

Guest minsk owl

Indeed Trev. I've got memories of the relegation, but I didn't truly appreciate what the Premier League and Wednesday meant.

Hope it comes around and stays for my kids in the future, I don't think I'd have the heart to put them through what we've been through for the past 15 years!

The quoted 15 years , should be adjusted to around 18 / 19 years ,................. in order to coincide with the appointment of the King of the Beige Suit 

Guest minsk owl

Hope it comes around and stays for my kids in the future, I don't think I'd have the heart to put them through what we've been through for the past 15 years

relegation memories indeed ,  you should consider yourself lucky  Sir !

During my lifetime, i have endured six relegation seasons 

69-70  we were a strong, but mediocre team, with a crap manager

74-75  we were a shocking ( but brave ) team, with a shocking manager, ( probably the worst ever seen at Hillsboro' )

89-90  we were an excellent team, with a sound manager

99-00  we were falling apart at the seams, even Mourinho couldn't have solved the problem

02-03  we made the fatal mistake ( once again ) of humiliating former Owls heroes

09-10  cannot comment, as i wasn't in UK, ...... no doubt someone will enlighten me   gary megson

Good Luck to all the Kids

So we need to wait before we start to panic?

Yep.

When we sign Akinfenwa and a 17 year old from Poole Town for 250k respectively on four year deals, then you have my permission to panic.

Yep.

When we sign Akinfenwa and a 17 year old from Poole Town for 250k respectively on four year deals, then you have my permission to panic.

Akinfenwa could literally pick us up and carry us the prem😆

We can all say who we should or should not be buying, but don't forget, money isn't everything!

We can offer Club A as much as they ask and more, but they must be prepared to sell, and more importantly, the player must be willing to sign and move to Sheffield. This is something that has cropped up several times in the past. If a player, or often most important, his wife and family, is unwilling to sign, the amount is immaterial.

And despite some beautiful areas around Sheffield, and what we consider a beautiful city with facilities galore, this is not to everybody's liking.

Well it was, in the long run it stands to make Chansiri more money than it does the club. 

Speaking as a Wednesday fan, it suggests he's got money. Speaking as a realist, it's nothing to get excited about as it should have happened 10 years ago.

If you go up next season you'll get roughly £66 million, If you come straight down. You'll get the other £66 million in parachute payments. As long as you get up before they run out that's fine. In fact, yo-yoing would do you good. The number of players you've released shows Chansiri and grey both have plans the future's looking good. So, enjoy it 

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

If you go up next season you'll get roughly £66 million, If you come straight down. You'll get the other £66 million in parachute payments. As long as you get up before they run out that's fine. In fact, yo-yoing would do you good. The number of players you've released shows Chansiri and grey both have plans the future's looking good. So, enjoy it 

Ok we will give you £350k plus floro part ex for saido behrahino what do you say?

Ok we will give you £350k plus floro part ex for saido behrahino what do you say?

Alas I think he maybe Man City bound