ROGER JOHNSON?

Exactly how do you know he paid £100,000+ to play for us ? Are you really serious, just how much was he on FFS ? and how do you know, before I answer any hypathetical questions please give them some validity...

I can remember us having a similar discussion before about this, at that time I asked you if you were his agent and you declined to answer, so just how do you know what he "paid" if anything..

Tell you what, if he was getting £100k+ a week as you've previously claimed he's no where near worth that..

How do you know this ? Fact or fiction ?

100k per month. 25k per week. He was on ~40k per week.  Wolves wouldn't pay any portion of his contract if he went on loan, so he dropped down to what we offered, rather than sitting in the Wolves reserves.  And it worked out - he got a move to West Ham at full wages afterwards.

100k per month. 25k per week. He was on ~40k per week. Wolves wouldn't pay any portion of his contract if he went on loan, so he dropped down to what we offered, rather than sitting in the Wolves reserves. And it worked out - he got a move to West Ham at full wages afterwards.

Hmm, Scram quoted £100k per week but your numbers look more realistic, if they are correct (and I have no reason to doubt you) but they are a little confusing was he on £25k or £40k per week ? Or are you saying he was on £40k at Wolves and we only paid £15k so he stood £25k himself ?

Either way I still think he got the better deal and I would be very sceptical about paying him a large salary, just don't think he's worth it..

But maybe a 12 month deal as a standby, who knows but there is better (and more loyal) out there..

PS Why couldn't Scram reply for himself (or have you)..

Hmm, Scram quoted £100k per week but your numbers look more realistic, if they are correct (and I have no reason to doubt you) but they are a little confusing was he on £25k or £40k per week ? Or are you saying he was on £40k at Wolves and we only paid £15k so he stood £25k himself ?

Either way I still think he got the better deal and I would be very sceptical about paying him a large salary, just don't think he's worth it..

But maybe a 12 month deal as a standby, who knows but there is better (and more loyal) out there..

It's common knowledge (I think) that Scram knows Johnson, and has some affiliation with Watford...

He didnt snub us at all

Answer this question

How many other players can you name that have paid to play for Wednesday?

To the tune of around £100k per month

Lewis McGugan snubbed us - don't see anybody calling him out

Reading Comprehension Failure.

I;m sure Scram will graciously accept your apology.

Reading Comprehension Failure.

I;m sure Scram will graciously accept your apology.

Please check earlier post.

And TBF if I was wrong he should have been clearer in what he meant, why can't he respond himself instead of getting his posse to.

And he still ain't answered the question about wether he's his agent or not, c'mon, try harder...

lol

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

You are priceless my friend. You make a right f*ck up and make yourself look a fool yet when it is pointed out you blame me!

Reminds me of the argument I had with somebody on here who called me just about every name under the sun. I was only pointing out the offside law and when he finally conceded I was right he just claimed the offside law should be as he liked it and not as I had told him it actually is!

Other people didn't have a problem understanding a very straightforward point.

I don't have a 'posse' - others were just pointing out your mistake

Johnson was losing around £20k a WEEK while he was with us.

I'll leave you to do your own maths

No I'm not his agent but I know quite a lot of people in football. I don't post much of what I hear as I get told a lot of things in confidence so I don't betray that.

Edited by scram

Please check earlier post.

And TBF if I was wrong he should have been clearer in what he meant, why can't he respond himself instead of getting his posse to.

And he still ain't answered the question about wether he's his agent or not, c'mon, try harder...

lol

What earlier post? The post I highlighted was Scrams first in this thread.

Come one, be a man, stop acting the Billy Big Boll ocks and admit you misread Scrams post.

Scram,

Please don't call me friend as I don't know you (I don't think)..

I will accept I misread / misrepresented your post and it should be £100k per month..

If you are not his agent you must surely be a representative of the PFA or the players union for surely only they could try and turn a money grabbing mercenary into a saint.

You try to give the impression of a poor little hard done to footballer knocking on Milan's door saying "please Mr Mandaric sir, if I give you £25k per week would you let me play for the massive Sheffield Wednesday" when in reality that is far from the truth..

Roger Johnson is 32

he has had a successful career at Wycombe, Cardiff and initially at Birmingham, unfortunately there it all started to go wrong with relegation with Birmingham followed by back to back relegations with Wolves, earning himself the nickname of "The Relegation Man" and consigned to the hidden depths of Molineux. I wonder why, was he just unlucky or was there some other reason ?

To put the financial "investment" into perspective let's look at some numbers using those supplied on here and some assumptions, if my assumptions are wide of the mark please feel free to correct them (but I don't believe they are).

Given he had two relegation season with Wolves and then spent time "binned" I'll assume he was there approx. two and a half years before joining us, therefore:

52 x 2.5 years = 130 weeks

£40k x 130 weeks = £5.2 million already earnt, we can also assume that he had earnt a similar amount (or more) during his career prior to joining Wolves so this guy had already taken more than £10 million in wages out of football and he was looking to keep the gravy train rolling and getting a new contract somewhere else once his Wolves one had finished, he wasn't losing £20k a week he was investing it in a future outcome.

to put it another way, if he completed a 4 year contract with Wolves it would have been worth over £8.3 million quid to him in wages alone so investing a couple of hundred £k to get himself back in the shop window was peanuts to him.

All that said, I may also have been wrong re him snubbing Wednesday, it may be that it was the other way around (please see attached) where there is an interesting comment allegedly made by Jackett, which given the problems we were having with Madine at the time may explain it..

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/11/01/roger-johnson-im-at-wolves-for-the-money/

(apologies as OT won't let me copy the link so I've had to type it)

the link also says he was on £25k per week at Wolves so somebody / everybody is wrong...

Bottom line :- I don't want him back, we can do and have already got, better.

oh, and for the record I've never had a serious discussion with anybody about the offside rule, for while I think I understand it there's no way I could try and start to explain it to someone else, I seem to remember a thread on here some time back where someone likened it to a shopping queue which seemed quite apt but I can't for the sake of me remember it...

enjoy your day..

lol

Scram,

I will accept I misread / misrepresented your post and it should be £100k per month..

If you are not his agent you must surely be a representative of the PFA or the players union for surely only they could try and turn a money grabbing mercenary into a saint.

You try to give the impression of a poor little hard done to footballer knocking on Milan's door saying "please Mr Mandaric sir, if I give you £25k per week would you let me play for the massive Sheffield Wednesday" when in reality that is far from the truth..

Roger Johnson is 32

he has had a successful career at Wycombe, Cardiff and initially at Birmingham, unfortunately there it all started to go wrong with relegation with Birmingham followed by back to back relegations with Wolves, earning himself the nickname of "The Relegation Man" and consigned to the hidden depths of Molineux. I wonder why, was he just unlucky or was there some other reason ?

To put the financial "investment" into perspective let's look at some numbers using those supplied on here and some assumptions, if my assumptions are wide of the mark please feel free to correct them (but I don't believe they are).

Given he had two relegation season with Wolves and then spent time "binned" I'll assume he was there approx. two and a half years before joining us, therefore:

£40k x 130 weeks = £5.2 million already earnt, we can also assume that he had earnt a similar amount (or more) during his career prior to joining Wolves so this guy had already taken more than £10 million in wages out of football and he was looking to keep the gravy train rolling and getting a new contract somewhere else once his Wolves one had finished, he wasn't losing £20k a week he was investing it in a future outcome.

to put it another way, if he completed a 4 year contract with Wolves it would have been worth over £8.3 million quid to him in wages alone so investing a couple of hundred £k to get himself back in the shop window was peanuts to him.

All that said, I may also have been wrong re him snubbing Wednesday, it may be that it was the other way around (please see attached) where there is an interesting comment allegedly made by Jackett, which given the problems we were having with Madine at the time may explain it..

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2014/11/01/roger-johnson-im-at-wolves-for-the-money/

the link also says he was on £25k per week at Wolves so somebody / everybody is wrong...

oh, and for the record I've never had a serious discussion with anybody about the offside rule, for while I think I understand it there's no way I could try and start to explain it to someone else, I seem to remember a thread on here some time back where someone likened it to a shopping queue which seemed quite apt but I can't for the sake of me remember it...

enjoy your day..

lol

Didn't read, too long.  I bet an accurate summary is 'I'm never wrong and will always have the last word'.

Edited by Sham67

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I'd be more than happy with Roger Johnson fighting with Lees and Loovens for starting positions.  Gives us strength in depth.  Really need Loovens to resign though.....Lees looked nowhere near as good when he wasn't there.

Scram,

Roger Johnson is 32

enjoy your day..

lol

So...

These other (non mercenary players...) who have paid hundreds of thousands to play for us?

I don't need nor want an apology - i'm just pointing out your hypocritical bullshit

But you're not gonna have it so we may as well leave it there

Who can blame Johnson for snubbing us in favour of Premier Leagye football?

Honestly think some of our fans live in a parallel universe where it's still the early 90s and we are one of the top clubs in the country.

Exactly what I said.

The likes of Vydra went back to their club after having an unsuccessful attempt at the Premier League.

I don't blame Johnson for snubbing us and I don't blame McGugan for waiting out on a better offer.

This is football. Fans just need to accept that we are (at the moment) a midtable Championship team. Players will come and go. Some fans need to get their heads out of their own arses.

Exactly what I said.

The likes of Vydra went back to their club after having an unsuccessful attempt at the Premier League.

I don't blame Johnson for snubbing us and I don't blame McGugan for waiting out on a better offer.

This is football. Fans just need to accept that we are (at the moment) a midtable Championship team. Players will come and go. Some fans need to get their heads out of their own arses.

Why do you say McGugan is waiting for a better offer ?

Haven't you heard Watfords manager has been binned FFS ?