Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

may be, I just think at his age he needs to be playing every week. At the moment Southampton wouldn't be able to give him that.we can. UTO

Yes, he does need to be playing every week so a season long loan might be possible if SG thinks he can do the job. Too many young players with great potential aren't developing in this country due to the numbers of foreign players in the Premiership but to be fair to Southampton they do seem to be bucking the trend & bringing through excellent young players from their own academy. UTO

Guest wilyfox

He was good mate.

He's a good player. Would be a very shrewd addition.

Very raw for his age. Probably a victim of his own circumstance at Southampton where he's been unable to get game time.

Yes, he does need to be playing every week so a season long loan might be possible if SG thinks he can do the job. Too many young players with great potential aren't developing in this country due to the numbers of foreign players in the Premiership but to be fair to Southampton they do seem to be bucking the trend & bringing through excellent young players from their own academy. UTO

I'm sure SG thinks he can do a job, but yes your right young players don't get to develop at premiere clubs on a regular basis, apart from a few exceptions. So yes let's hope we can have him and do the developing for them. UTO

I thought he was a strange signing at the time as we didn't really need to add anyone when he came. We were only going to finish mid table. The only thing I could think was it was all done with a view to coming back next season? He has talent, is a bit raw but he's exactly the sort of player that would go elsewhere and be brilliant (as we've seen before.)

I thought he was a strange signing at the time as we didn't really need to add anyone when he came. We were only going to finish mid table. The only thing I could think was it was all done with a view to coming back next season? He has talent, is a bit raw but he's exactly the sort of player that would go elsewhere and be brilliant (as we've seen before.)

. I think your spot on mate, this time we have money. UTO

Guest wilyfox

If we bring him back we'd be obliged to play him most games, yet he didn't do enough to suggest he's ready to push us towards promotion. It's too much to expect of a 22yr old with only 15 senior apps under his belt.

If we bring him back we'd be obliged to play him most games, yet he didn't do enough to suggest he's ready to push us towards promotion. It's too much to expect of a 22yr old with only 15 senior apps under his belt.

. And this is a player that is so highly rated by Southampton that they have given he a new contract, but your saying he wouldn't push us in the right direction of promotion. F**king unbelievable. UTO

Isgrove suffered due to our style of play and the fact that the majority of the time he had the ball it was in our own half.

Somebody said young english players suffer due to an influx of foreigners. I agree with that to an extent but I think the major issue is the clubs that stock pile them and they therefore don't get a chance and lots of careers pretty much have to be kick started between 21-24 years old. Imo there should be rules in place to restrict the amount of players in a certain age group to stop this happening.

Guest Daniel Walker

Don't understand the praise for is grove

Was average at best

Did he ever actually shoot or put a good cross in?

Apart from being a decent battler he was average

Guest wilyfox

. And this is a player that is so highly rated by Southampton that they have given he a new contract, but your saying he wouldn't push us in the right direction of promotion. F**king unbelievable. UTO

Not next season, no. He's been in their squad for 3yrs - not used him though have they...

He has talent - but he's raw, and that makes him hard to depend upon when you're striving to achieve something. Was ok back end of last season when we had little to play for, but next season should be different.

I'm with wily on this. If he's that highly regard by Southampton, why's he only had 1 appearance for them?  Plenty of players younger than him have been thrown in and established themselves over the years down there.

I presume they offered him a contract prior to going out on loan so they'd get a fee for him if he impressed at some stage down the line.