Commentators on their version of WW said how he puts his team mates to shame with his quality on the ball. They also said how he looks a proper player, and would thrive with better movement in front of him.

From what I got on their forum, Carlisle fans are quite pleased with him even though couple of posters rated him with 5 for last game.

you dont know his circumstances , maybe the thought of 3 months living in a crappy travellodge in a strange town miles from his wife/girlfriend/children/mates doesnt appeal to him .......

On the flip side, it's only 3 months to make him a better player so he can have the career he wants living near his family and friends. It's one little sacrifice. Lavery has shown him and McCabe how it's done. He'll be happy now that he spent Christmas day on his own a couple of years ago in a travelodge. He will have a future at wednesday, living in a decent city and earning a decent wage. Whereas McCabe and corry will end up in small little dives like Carlisle and Luton, playing for poo teams and earning a pittance. More fool them

This.

People forget that footballers are still people who live in all sorts of circumstances. They are extremely blessed to do the sport they love for a living, but that doesn't mean they have to accept any loan move...if it doesn't fit into their lifestyle.

Corry is already living away from his family. Any move away from Sheffield would have to be the right one. Carlisle may have appealed to him due to Matt Young being there?

I remember Lavery being loaned to Plymouth last year. He posted a picture of himself alone in a poo poo hotel...looking pretty miserable. That was on Christmas Day!

Don't understand why there would be any bitterness towards Corry or Mccabe. They were cheap gambles that didn't pay off. Move on.

Well said FlyingOwl !

He plays a nice through ball in the second half, his problem is that he's not going to displace Semedo/Hutch/Melo sitting  deeper (and cant tackle). In front of that then he isnt going to get in ahead of Lee or McGugan as a play maker.

No reason why he couldnt have got more game time here though, whenever I've seen him I've thought he looked quite competent (if not a bit weak) but it seems like his cards were marked by the management after not making that loan move.

Edited by Bluesteel

I always thought Corry looked a decent player the bits i have seen him.

Makes me laugh the way people on here are happy to slate him based on no evidence other than him not being picked.

Good luck to him. He has a range of passing. Hope he makes his way back to the championship soon.

Makes me laugh the way people on here are happy to slate him based on no evidence other than him not being picked.

Good luck to him. He has a range of passing. Hope he makes his way back to the championship soon.

That's enough evidence 

You couldn't spot a player to save your life.

In the last you've claimed that Giles Coke was Prem quality, whilst then slating Semedo.

A person with their eyes painted on would be more useful.

Wasn't picked by the manager who signed him, wasn't picked by the manager who inherited him, and wasn't wanted by any other Championship or League One clubs this window.

I don't think anyone takes any pleasure in him not being good enough for us - and barely good enough for League football based on him current employer. Sometimes you just have to accept that a player you hoped had a promising future hasn't turned out that way, and then move on.

Happy to have a wager with you that he'll never play Championship football again - not English Championship anyway.

Wasn't picked by the manager who signed him, wasn't picked by the manager who inherited him, and wasn't wanted by any other Championship or League One clubs this window.

I don't think anyone takes any pleasure in him not being good enough for us - and barely good enough for League football based on him current employer. Sometimes you just have to accept that a player you hoped had a promising future hasn't turned out that way, and then move on.

Happy to have a wager with you that he'll never play Championship football again - not English Championship anyway.

It is never as black and white as you painted it in your post. He was playing well enough under Jones, got prized by him, and then rested... He got one game after that and that was against Watford where he played really badly, but everyone did (like we often do against them).

When people on here don't like certain manager, they slate him for not picking this or that player, and when they don't like certain player they call him cr*p because manager wont pick him.

Corry could be worst trainer at the club, disrespectful, lazy, etc... I doubt it, but can't know for sure. But judging only on his performances for SWFC, then he was short changed. He had one bad game, and was never picked again, and then there were many who had dozens of cr*p games for us, but still got picked for God knows what reason.

Btw. He was wanted by League One club, but we wouldn't let him go on loan to Chesterfield.

It is never as black and white as you painted it in your post. He was playing well enough under Jones, got prized by him, and then rested... He got one game after that and that was against Watford where he played really badly, but everyone did (like we often do against them).

When people on here don't like certain manager, they slate him for not picking this or that player, and when they don't like certain player they call him cr*p because manager wont pick him.

Corry could be worst trainer at the club, disrespectful, lazy, etc... I doubt it, but can't know for sure. But judging only on his performances for SWFC, then he was short changed. He had one bad game, and was never picked again, and then there were many who had dozens of cr*p games for us, but still got picked for God knows what reason.

Btw. He was wanted by League One club, but we wouldn't let him go on loan to Chesterfield.

Was playing well under Jones? He played for us 5 times under Jones, and from memory, had one good game against Leeds.

Many of our players have been given more than one chance to shine - not only under Jones, but under Gray too. So, if you believe that Corry hasn't been awarded more than one chance, you have to ask yourself why.

Chesterfield wanted him in the last window and we said no? The only link I can find is from November 2014 - http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/28/report-chesterfield-interested-in-sheffield-wednesday-midfielder/ - which contains no quotes or evidence whatsoever to say Chesterfield actually wanted him. And given he struggles to get in our Development Team, I doubt we rejected a loan from anyone, especially when we let him go to a League Two club a few months later.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

Was playing well under Jones? He played for us 5 times under Jones, and from memory, had one good game against Leeds.

Many of our players have been given more than one chance to shine - not only under Jones, but under Gray too. So, if you believe that Corry hasn't been awarded more than one chance, you have to ask yourself why.

Chesterfield wanted him in the last window and we said no? The only link I can find is from November 2014 - http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/11/28/report-chesterfield-interested-in-sheffield-wednesday-midfielder/ - which contains no quotes or evidence whatsoever to say Chesterfield actually wanted him. And given he struggles to get in our Development Team, I doubt we rejected a loan from anyone, especially when we let him go to a League Two club a few months later.

I still have on my HD both SKY games he played in, and they were against Leeds and against Boro. In my opinion he did really good in both, though as a team we struggled for some time against Middlesbrough who were top of the league then. In those games Jones still tried to play passing football, and Corry fitted in really nicely.

After that we had somewhat of a mini revival with back to back victories against Peterborough (1:0) and Ipswich (3:0), and Corry started both of these. By then Jones reverted to huff and puff style of play, but Corry still did his bit helping to very important points against then relegation rivals.

After that (going by what Jones said) he got rested, only to return in his last start for us in before mentioned match vs Watford where we got destroyed by much better opposition.

Regarding his potential loan to Chesterfield: It was on twitter, and in Star or some other newspaper (can't remember for sure), I too can't find it now, but I'm certain of it.

And he was mainstay in our development squad, often getting prized by Bullen. He certainly never struggled to make the team.

Hard to say. Perhaps it was Gray's influence on Jones that made him drop him, or both managers weren't happy with some aspects of his game. Since he was here at times we struggled to keep possession, and do much then punt aimless long balls upfront, were crying out for a playmaker, but still both Corry and McCabe weren't trusted enough to get another chance in our first team. Personally I don't get it, but then again I don't get how Coke played 85 games for us, considering he was rubbish in 90% of those :dry:

I still have on my HD both SKY games he played in, and they were against Leeds and against Boro. In my opinion he did really good in both, though as a team we struggled for some time against Middlesbrough who were top of the league then. In those games Jones still tried to play passing football, and Corry fitted in really nicely.

After that we had somewhat of a mini revival with back to back victories against Peterborough (1:0) and Ipswich (3:0), and Corry started both of these. By then Jones reverted to huff and puff style of play, but Corry still did his bit helping to very important points against then relegation rivals.

After that (going by what Jones said) he got rested, only to return in his last start for us in before mentioned match vs Watford where we got destroyed by much better opposition.

Regarding his potential loan to Chesterfield: It was on twitter, and in Star or some other newspaper (can't remember for sure), I too can't find it now, but I'm certain of it.

And he was mainstay in our development squad, often getting prized by Bullen. He certainly never struggled to make the team.

I only remember his performance against Leeds, but I also remember McCabe and Rhodri's brilliant performances against Birmingham on their debut - I never saw either of those two play at that level of performance again.

Players at any level have good games and flashes of brilliance, no doubt about that. But, that is a long way from being good enough to play week in week out at Championship level.

It makes no sense for us to turn down any approach from Chesterfield for Corry, only then to loan him out to a league below 3 months later. I suspect the Corry-Chesterfield stories were just that - like the one I linked - stories.

Regarding the Development Team - I'm just going by feedback on here, of which I've seen numerous team line-ups posted this season with Corry absent from the team.

Hard to say. Perhaps it was Gray's influence on Jones that made him drop him, or both managers weren't happy with some aspects of his game. Since he was here at times we struggled to keep possession, and do much then punt aimless long balls upfront, were crying out for a playmaker, but still both Corry and McCabe weren't trusted enough to get another chance in our first team. Personally I don't get it, but then again I don't get how Coke played 85 games for us, considering he was rubbish in 90% of those :dry:

Agree with that! However, having said that, Coke and Prutton dug us out of a massive hole in the second half of our first Championship season. Perhaps, Coke bought himself more time and opportunities based on that?

Agree with that! However, having said that, Coke and Prutton dug us out of a massive hole in the second half of our first Championship season. Perhaps, Coke bought himself more time and opportunities based on that?

I respect your opinion on that, but for me, Coke and Prutton were least of the reason why we survived that year.

I respect your opinion on that, but for me, Coke and Prutton were least of the reason why we survived that year.

Surely a joke?

They weren't great but they grafted like **** for us once they got back in the team