West Brom vs Sheffield Wednesday - 1968

ashamed to say,my abiding memory of him is that superb pass he made to set up the winning goal for southampton in 76 FA cup final.

My abiding memories are the winner at Villa Park to take us to the final and as being the architect of the thrashing we gave to Chelsea 6-1 at home where we saw just what a great midfield player he was...we didn't have anyone who could pass a ball like him until Shez arrived

Guest minsk owl

Anyway back to West Brom...Liam have you seen the goal Tony Brown scored against us the following season ? One of the greatest goals ever seen at Hillsborough

this the one you mean Davey ??

Guest minsk owl

Anyway back to West Brom...Liam have you seen the goal Tony Brown scored against us the following season ? One of the greatest goals ever seen at Hillsborough

Amazing goal !!!,  usually went on the Kop,  but for some reason ( probably due to F.A Cup ticket allocation ), i was sat in the North , smack bang in front of that one........... We won it 2 -1 ,  with 2 goals from Whitham.

Amazing goal !!!,  usually went on the Kop,  but for some reason ( probably due to F.A Cup ticket allocation ), i was sat in the North , smack bang in front of that one........... We won it 2 -1 ,  with 2 goals from Whitham.

Aye and lost at home to 4th Division Scunthorpe in the next round.  We never change.

Guest minsk owl

Aye and lost at home to 4th Division Scunthorpe in the next round.  We never change.

went to that one also,.......brilliant Whitham overhead kick at the Lepp to put us 1-0 up early on, thought we were gonna paste 'em.

Keegan  FFS

Guest minsk owl

my 1st trip to west brom was the season after ,1st game of the season a dull 0-0 but trip home on the train was something else .trained wrecked and we all got turfed off at tamworth .

:biggrin:  :biggrin: ............  Happy New Year Torry 

Tony Brown goal best I have seen at Hillsborough too. In second place a couple of  years earlier was JF's effort against Everton. Having thought about it long and hard I would give a long chase by Warhurst and catching a volley perfectly, did n't hit it hard as only just caught it. All at the same end forget who the opponents were for Warhursts goal though ! 

Guest minsk owl

Tony Brown goal best I have seen at Hillsborough too. In second place a couple of  years earlier was JF's effort against Everton. Having thought about it long and hard I would give a long chase by Warhurst and catching a volley perfectly, did n't hit it hard as only just caught it. All at the same end forget who the opponents were for Warhursts goal though ! 

this one ??

Talking about that 1967/68 season reminded me.....does any one else remember the incident of the Arsenal goal in the home game at the back end of that season? It was quite a talking point for some while after.

They were attacking the Leppings Lane end where we were sitting and the ball clearly went over the line.....there was no doubt it was a goal. But the ref didn't give it and I honestly can't remember whether the lino flagged for a goal or not. Anyway, it was cleared and play went on for about a minute with Arsenal players continuing to protest to the ref. When it next went out of play he was "persuaded" to speak to the lino and the goal was given. Wednesday players of course then protested.....clearly we weren't as "persuasive" as Arsenal....

I can remember there was quite a debate about it which all boiled down to whether the lino had flagged for the goal or not. 

Terrific goal.

218 goals he scored for us.

Not bad for a midfielder.

I wonder how much he'd be worth these days?