What's the closest you've come to losing interest in Wednesday?

Guest In_Milan_We_Trust

Went to my first game in 87. Season ticket 88/89 and then had one ever since. Granted there have been some low times infact very low times. However not once contemplated jacking it all in.

I'm in for life I'm WTID

I think you must have a very poor affiliation with the club if you want to jack it all in completely.

And when I see completely I mean not care about our results at all, not look out for us.

Not going to the odd match cos you're having a sulk, fair enough. - I've done it plenty of times in the past.

Jack your ST in, fair enough.

Not go to away games because you're skint, fair enough.

But to wash your hands of the club completely? I've never heard of it.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Middle of last season for me just before and after xmas we were really poor. sitting in the pub and thinking stuff it i'm stopping here, felt like doing it before but never actually done it think it was bournemouth it was weeing it down and didnt go really thought we were down fortunately good old stu pulled me through enthusiasm tank well and truely topped up now.

UTO

Never been close to losing interest, i've seen people on facebook who i went to school with in the 90's who used to go to watch us supporting arsenal and recently one supporting man city. Also a work colleague who was a s/t holder now supporting newcastle. Wtf!!! Supporting Wednesday for me is more passionate than anything in life. I've been through some bobbar after the relegation from the prem but it'll never end.

Never been close to losing interest, i've seen people on facebook who i went to school with in the 90's who used to go to watch us supporting arsenal and recently one supporting man city. Also a work colleague who was a s/t holder now supporting newcastle. Wtf!!! Supporting Wednesday for me is more passionate than anything in life. I've been through some bobbar after the relegation from the prem but it'll never end.

I went to school with a Wednesday 'fan' who switched allegiance to Reading, of all teams, during their brief Premier League stay! Needless to say, we're no longer friends.

Guest Batigol

During the legal action against fans. Truly disgusting and the lowest, most embarrassing episode in our club's history.

Hang your heads in shame Dave Allen, Kaven Walker, Bob Grierson, Geoff Hulley and Keith Addy.

^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^ Well said Chris! :)

Told myself that was enough after leaving after an hour 5-0 down at Stevenage in 2011. Surprise surprise Wednesday went on a great run of form and we got promotion! Just when you think you've had enough they prove you wrong and you get that drug again.

I also thought very hard about renewing after those awful final games of the 03/04 season, absolutely desperate stuff 

Its funny..I knew a bloke...not seen him for a few years now,but went to school with him..he's an ardent Blade..or was last time I met him.

When we were at school he was an Owls fan..now how does that happen..?..foo,k knows.,

I was stood on the Kop against City with him when we dipped down on that sad rainy night in whateverthefook year it was..1970?

Next time I met him..he was a blade....

I moved to Gleadless valley..and funnily enough bumped into him on Fleury rd..He had a Blades scarf on..I was comin' back from an Owls away game at some misbegotten outpost in the lower leagues...I could not bloody believe it!

Hows that happen..I remember asking him.../...

"All Blades up here" was his answer...and to be fair, there were more Blades fans on the valley at the time...but not one of 'em travelled away..includin' this soft bugger...

There were three of us Owls on the 3 blocks of maisonettes up there at the time...all 3 of us went season after season without missing home and away..in the 70's when we were honestly ..abysmal...more abysmal than owt you see these days..I mean pathetic, abject no hope...turgid crap.

I then saw him at Wembley '91...with a fookin' Owls flag draped around him..sat with a few mates in that pub near Wembley way..is it the green man or summatt?..I forget.

Any road uipwards..I trotted over to introduce meself..or re introduce meself...and I could see he recognised me as I approached..cos he went a bit pasty...but I couldn't help meself..cos I was..not so much angry..as fookin' steamin' mad...

I asked if United were down here playin'...and what the flip was he doin' sat regaled in the blue and white...he didn't have an answer...he hummed an' hawed and garbled crap for ten minutes....his mates looked at him...but i made me point and ambled off....

I saw him again just after United got promoted to the Prem...at a wedding...He had a Blades badge pinned to his suit lapel...I ambled over...he went a bit pasty again..................................................

What i'm saying is..its all transitory...hold true to the blue the wheel turns...

Edited by asteener1867