Atdhe Nuihu

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Nuihu is Sibon plus work rate

once he settles into the English game we have one hell of a player on our hands

I've been trying to remember who Atdhe remended me of ever since he arrived, and now you have reminded me.

Very similar, except that he can't jump in the air ten minutes before the ball arrives like Sibon could. 

Guest Blinking owl

Said from day one that we have a class striker on our hands. Doubt he'll ever be 'prolific' (though you never know) but his all round game play gives us so much more of an edge. He's not like Zigic at Birmingham who is just their for his height and offers nothing else...

Like Gray said, he didn't have a proper preseason with us. Wasn't his first game in our final friendly vs Chesterfield, only a week before the official season started?

Given that he was shoved into English football, scored on his full debut and tried his best up front in a shambolic Dave Jones side...he's had a good season.

I think he'll be a MASSIVE player for us next season, for now I'll just be chuffed if he reaches 10 goals.

Regardless of what others think, here's to YOU Atdhe Nuhiu

a_560x375.jpg

Guest Blinking owl

Absolutely spot on. ...said the same. ...patience is needed sometimes. ...only way to get experience is to play. ..but I'm afraid. .Hillsborough doesn't do patience. ....wawaw

I love his work rate and attitude

He will definitely benefit from having a season under his belt and a full pre-season.

BUT

He's never going to magically develop any pace 

His heading is average at best (can be worked on)

His best qualities for us are tireless running and his work fairly deep, but to score goals he needs to be in the box and with his total lack of pace he finds it hard to get into scoring positions when we break. 

I wouldn't get rid but I'm not sure he's ever going to be the man for us. It's his lack of any pace that really undermines him, and his physicality / heading does not really make up for it like it did for e.g. Steve Howard - who was slow but could bully centre halves all day. Those elements can be worked on.

Don't want to sound like I'm bashing the big man, he's got something that's for sure but if we want to go places we should be looking for better this summer. That costs proper money though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's leading the line next season... if so good luck and keep working - and we all know you will do that. 

Edited by shtommer

His best work is usually done 30 odd yards from goal, no secret there.

Might be something in that if the right sort of forward is signed to go with him, needs an "off the shoulder" type to stretch teams and get in behind with that extra movement, because clearly that isn't ever going to be Nuhiu's game.

Maybe Lavery can become that, although Fryatt would be the perfect fit

Edited by Lee A

The way he is finishing this season is very promising. He's consistently showing what a few of us believed he had all along.

To be fair he's been generally excellent all of the 2nd half of the season, but now has added a couple of goals...which makes all the difference.

He played v well. A lot of energy (yes..) - won some key headers, and seemed to control most things.

Struggled to pick up speed - even on his celebration, but regardless gave his all and kissed badge ont shirt pre-match/during match/after match.

Championship top scorer next season

The Nuhiu memory I shall cherish for the rest of the season is when he came off the subs bench, and sprinted half the length of the pitch, just to join in our goal celebration!

Top lad.

Almost as good as, but not quite, Brian Laws' scarf twirling.

Unfortunately, Nuhiu is aways going to be the enigma at Hillsborough. What most Wed. Fans want is a big, fast striker who will bully the centre backs, run like Billy the Wizz, leap 10 feet into the air, and score every week with either foot or with the head.In other words a 'Roy of the Rovers' type of player. These chaps do not exsist now. What we have got is a centre forward who never stops, either ambling or running, who invariably attracts two and three defenders like flies round the proverbial jampot, is not a great jumper, but can use his feet, and must be a treasure to play alongside, because he may not get the goals but you will.

That is the way Nuhiu plays, and simply lumping the ball forward to him in the air is not going to work. We have seen his weaknesses in the early part of his session with us. We have also seen the things he does best. Let's play to his strengths, and then see what we have got.  

Unfortunately, Nuhiu is aways going to be the enigma at Hillsborough. What most Wed. Fans want is a big, fast striker who will bully the centre backs, run like Billy the Wizz, leap 10 feet into the air, and score every week with either foot or with the head.In other words a 'Roy of the Rovers' type of player. These chaps do not exsist now. What we have got is a centre forward who never stops, either ambling or running, who invariably attracts two and three defenders like flies round the proverbial jampot, is not a great jumper, but can use his feet, and must be a treasure to play alongside, because he may not get the goals but you will.

That is the way Nuhiu plays, and simply lumping the ball forward to him in the air is not going to work. We have seen his weaknesses in the early part of his session with us. We have also seen the things he does best. Let's play to his strengths, and then see what we have got.

Well said sir. Another with common sense.

Guest phshaw

The posts by Flying Owl and Buxtongent should be preserved in a "classic posts" thread. They are that good, well done guys.

David Hirst?  Mark Bright?  Lee Chapman?  etc etc ....