Rhys McCabe

The lad has potential, we saw that in spells last season. I just hope he has a good final 4 games at Portsmouth before returning to us in the summer ready to go again. Same goes for Danny Mayor, another I'd like us to take a look at.

Both have had to drop to the bottom rung to get games. At that level they are starting to shine, but it's telling that Gray has said he might let Mayor go permanently

Guest tha_knows

The lad has potential, we saw that in spells last season. I just hope he has a good final 4 games at Portsmouth before returning to us in the summer ready to go again. Same goes for Danny Mayor, another I'd like us to take a look at.

The problem for me they are both at a stage where they should be playing regular football, not going elsewhere to aid their development, McCabes 21 and Mayors 22, okay not exactly old but really if they where to make an impression on the first team they surely would be in the matchday squad regularly? Just my opinion ofcourse...

The problem for me they are both at a stage where they should be playing regular football, not going elsewhere to aid their development, McCabes 21 and Mayors 22, okay not exactly old but really if they where to make an impression on the first team they surely would be in the matchday squad regularly? Just my opinion ofcourse...

what if they are not good enough to make the first team squad

Again its patience needed. ...Sheridan needed it before he became a legend for us. ...We can't get the finished artical so we have to nurture our players along. .A loan out here and there. ..and then hopefully they will flourish into a good player. .

But Hillsborough doesn't do patience I'm afraid. ...We destroy them. ..

Think after 2 years and he is nowhere near first team then we have been patient enough. Time to move him on.

Well he's under contract, as are Mayor and Corry. They are not ready for championship level football, but if we still think they have a chance, then put them out on a six month loan next season. We can then make an assessment at Christmas

That's just an opinion not a fact. Nobody thought Lavery was ready. Plus McCabe barely put a foot wrong when he did play last season. If he looked out of place and got dropped, fair enough. But he didn't.

There were quite a few on here expressing an opinion that Lavery should be in the first team picture long before the L**ds game.

McCabe has done nothing in his Wednesday career, absolutely zip, to make me think he could be an asset.

That's just an opinion not a fact. Nobody thought Lavery was ready. Plus McCabe barely put a foot wrong when he did play last season. If he looked out of place and got dropped, fair enough. But he didn't.

Maybe, and I'm not writing any of them off, I just happen to think the best place for them at the moment, is out on loan. In truth, if we had our full complement of players, in my opinion, Lavery would go out on loan again. It was good for him when he went to Plymouth, that's why I support the idea of the other youngsters being sent out on loan. Maybe next season, try and put them with league one clubs. I appreciate you may have seen more of him than me, but McCabe really hasn't looked up to it when I've seen him this season, in fact he was taken off at half time when I last watched him. He has a lot to prove, but I still believe he has a chance

Several of these younger lads are showing potential, but are not near the finished product yet. What is needed is  LITTLE FAITH, AND A BUNDLE OF PATIENCE. Unfortunately, these are the two qualities that are totally missing in many Wednesday fans. If a player comes in and doesn't play like Messi from the word go he's useless to many of our fans.

Yes, I know we've been promised 'Gold tomorrow' for many years now, and have put up with dross, but one thing that is painfully obvious, and is not a new thing, is the wednesdayite's ability to look for the worst in anything. We must be up alongside the Victor Meldrew's of this world. The only thing that amazes me is that, for all our moaning, we turn up week after week. Probably the only place we can have a good moan.  

Several of these younger lads are showing potential, but are not near the finished product yet. What is needed is  LITTLE FAITH, AND A BUNDLE OF PATIENCE. Unfortunately, these are the two qualities that are totally missing in many Wednesday fans. If a player comes in and doesn't play like Messi from the word go he's useless to many of our fans.

Yes, I know we've been promised 'Gold tomorrow' for many years now, and have put up with dross, but one thing that is painfully obvious, and is not a new thing, is the wednesdayite's ability to look for the worst in anything. We must be up alongside the Victor Meldrew's of this world. The only thing that amazes me is that, for all our moaning, we turn up week after week. Probably the only place we can have a good moan.

Thing is, none of McCabe, Mayor, Lavery or Corry, were brought in with expectations of them straight away challenging for a place in the championship side. It's a well trodden path where young players are signed with the future in mind, assessed and then sent out on loan.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

I think spunking £70 every week watching wednesday gives you the right to air your view and while we have done really well to be in a safe position at this point of the season we need to go to that next level and dont see the likes of corry, mayor, mccabe and madine taking us their. the close season is gonna be massive and just hope milan or whoever will show the ambition us loyal wednesdayites deserve. UTO