Sean McCauley

I don't think he's underrated.. i think most Wednesday fans really appreciate the job he's been doing for this football club. Unfortunatley, just because of his job in general, i don't think he's ever going to get that much recognition publicly.

Our academy has had a steady flow of good players coming through for a while now. Hats off to all involved.

We have had to rely on players who are clearly not ready for the 1st team - any team can do that

Over the last 3-4 seasons we have had a few players come through the ranks and add to the team - that is very pleasing

We may even have 1 or 2 academy products that can raise some decent money in the transfer market

So while it is good news - let's hope we don't have to rely on too many of the lads just yet

Just on something Kivo said earlier; where is Mark Smith plying this trade these days. I'd love him back involved in the youth set-up at Hillsborough, he was a legend; and the way he was treated was imo terrible. I'd love to see him back, especially with his history with SWFC

Just on something Kivo said earlier; where is Mark Smith plying this trade these days. I'd love him back involved in the youth set-up at Hillsborough, he was a legend; and the way he was treated was imo terrible. I'd love to see him back, especially with his history with SWFC

Depends on what you believe...

Well, ... Sean McCauley is a man to nurture players, and when you take that kind of manager to the real world of football you really have to be very good at what you do.

You either have to be Harry Rednapp or your're nothing.

Edited by luketheowl

Guest Bannister

He didn't blood Tommy Spurr or Mark Beevers, which a lot of people on here seem to think.

Players who are 15/16 years old now and come through in 3/4 years are the ones Sean has worked with more and will be judged on.

IMO! Totally agree, a lot of the lads coming through have been with the club for years for example - Nathan Modest started back in the U9's prior to which he was with the young owls - a lot of coaches have natured his talent over the years. Luckily for Sean McCauley he gets to benefit from that input now .... the same can be said of Beevers, and other good prospects coming through in the next 12 months....

However, its great to see the lads coming through into the first team regardless of who is the Academy Director is ... keep on doing the do.....

Edited by Bannister

IMO! Totally agree, a lot of the lads coming through have been with the club for years for example - Nathan Modest started back in the U9's prior to which he was with the young owls - a lot of coaches have natured his talent over the years. Luckily for Sean McCauley he gets to benefit from that input now .... the same can be said of Beevers, and other good prospects coming through in the next 12 months....

However, its great to see the lads coming through into the first team regardless of who is the Academy Director is ... keep on doing the do.....

I'm mates with Nev (macauleys assistant) and he informed me of Modest about 3 years ago saying he could be one for the future. Big clubs were sniffing round at the time too.

I'm mates with Nev (macauleys assistant) and he informed me of Modest about 3 years ago saying he could be one for the future. Big clubs were sniffing round at the time too.

Doesn't mean anything - big clubs have huge global scouting networks - they generally know the gen on most academy players.

If they want players from other academies they generally get them

Guest Bannister

The club have obviously seen the potential for a long time, Modest along with Palmer, Oliver and Barnett were signed on 4 year contracts from the age of 12 and have all played together since U10's, it's nice to see the investment the academy has made starting to pay off and the new blood coming through.

I'm sure in years to come we'll be seeing more and more, the club are definiately benefitting from the scholars so I'm sure they will continue to invest.