Sean McCauley

Guest Bannister

Not always, Manchester United wanted Beevers when he was 16 and we turned down a £1m offer for him. I think the academy is going to be the key for our 1st team success if we don't find an investor and I hope that if/when we do they carry on improving the academy and bringing through as many youngsters as possible

never heard that but Man U did take one of our U10's Jack ........cant remember his surname but he's still there, he's a Sheffield lad so good luck to him. his dad is called Howard if my memory serves me right, and he came to see the lads against Millwall the other week ,as welll as some of the lads who were released and ended up at SUFC came and watched their mates too. the kids remain friends regardless of club loyalties it's got to be a good thing surely.............

Edited by Bannister

He hasn't just done brilliant for the Academy, he did extremely well during his short period in charge of the 1st team between Sturrock's sacking and Law's appointment. I think this shows that he has very good management skills

Makes me laugh when people post this poo .

I've spoken to him and all he told the players to do during that period was do the same as under Sturrock, but in the opposing half.

Thats. it.

Now I'm not saying he hasn't got good management skills, he may have, but he didn't use them during the period before Laws was appointed.

He's a great bloke and is clearly doing a good job, but why on earth people think he's the next Alex Ferguson I'll never know :blink:

Some people actually believe he's the 'mastermind' behind Laws better decisions. :laugh:

Guest union owl

Big well done to Sean, but let's not forget the input from guys no longer with us - Mike Rigg and Mark Smith, two guys who have moved onto pastures new but who have helped some of our brighter prospects through.

Just looking in my book dont know if any of you got it but on page 367 of 100 years at hillsborough peter shirtliff, paul shirtliff, john pearson, mark smith,gavin oliver,david redfern,mel sterland,trevor mathewson,kevin taylor charlie williamson, and gorden owen richard beaumont.the last one am not sure about but am sure all the others come through youth set up so in that picture of 20 players 11or 12 come through youth set up.when we got no money we turn to youth when we got money we turn our back on em thats a disgrace. 1982-1983 side by the way