Coventry Vs Hull (what result do we want?)

26 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Unless you think Plymouth are more likely to lose/draw against Millwall than Blackburn are to lose against Leicester?

Think both Millwall and Leicester are likely to win. 

Millwall going pretty well at home and last home game of the season might see a good opportunity to finish on a high. 

Leicester obviously can’t afford another slip up in the promotion battle and Blackburn are pretty dire , I can’t see them fluking another win like they did vs That lot at Bellend Rd 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Yeah, I did that thing where you assume a result is a foregone conclusion (in this case Ipswich to beat Hull on Saturday), then write it off as if it doesn't exist. Whoops!

I'm not sure that makes it "end of thread" though. If anything, that makes it even more important that Coventry win.

Unless you think Plymouth are more likely to lose/draw against Millwall than Blackburn are to lose against Leicester?

Of the teams above 21st Plymouth are the ones that are more likely to drop.

Blackburn will get 3 points against Coventry.

Goal difference will keep both QPR and Stoke up should they fail to pick up another point.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, longreach said:

At the end of the day, it's up to "us" to perform and get the results we need. 

And if we don't?

It's not as straight forward as fail to win both games and we're down because other teams' results won't be perfect either. 

33 minutes ago, Jim said:

Blackburn will get 3 points against Coventry.

Is that because you don't like them? They look like a much better side than Blackburn to me. So, they ought to be winning that... especially if they've still got a chance of getting into the play offs.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Well if Coventry hadn’t thrown that game v brum last week, they’d still be in with a chance of play offs

They're still in with a chance of getting into the playing offs despite that slip up, tbf. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

If Blackburn had lost at Leeds, like you’d expect, then they’d be in huge trouble 

There's a decent chance they'll lose their final two games. They're definitely not out of the woods just yet....

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Geörge Whitebread said:

Is that because you don't like them? They look like a much better side than Blackburn to me. So, they ought to be winning that... especially if they've still got a chance of getting into the play offs.

If they can lose 3-0 at Birmingham they can get stuffed at Blackburn. If we stop up I want us to smash them tw@ts next season and I have ultimate trust in Röhl to outwit every ball person’s favourite manager next season.

• Like 1

its a lot of ifs and buts .  but if we need any of our rivals to lose last game we need ipswich to still have chance to get autos , we need norwich to still need a result if not i can see both birmingham and hudds winning . so this is why we need to win on saturday . relying on others dont end well.

• Like 1

Coventry to win keeps pressure on Norwich......Hull play Ipswich next so we want Hull out of it so Ipswich win to keep top 2 alive....Hull beating Ipswich not good re Ipswich out of top 2 contention and resting players against Hudders  before play offs....so Coventry to win

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Cov seem to have rested some of their regular starters 

One of those seems to have made way for Kasey Palmer (back from injury, I think). 

Not sure if the other two are better/worse than whoever's come in for them.