Ugbo, Poveda, Bernard and Johnson…

Johnson and Bernard are done this season. Contracts over, better offers on the table. They’ll have made this clear and subsequently removed from the squad. Deja vu to the relegation season under DM. Players out of contract down tooling are the complete opposite of what’s required for a relegation fight. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think we really get clear indications of injuries at this club.

Johnson, wife says ill, Johnson says slight injury, Röhl talks about attitude.

Poveda - muscle injury

Ugbo - no idea

Bernard - pulled up in the warm up V Swansea, few games ago.

Think that’s where we are at.

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Johnson and Bernard are done this season. Contracts over, better offers on the table. They’ll have made this clear and subsequently removed from the squad. Deja vu to the relegation season under DM. Players out of contract down tooling are the complete opposite of what’s required for a relegation fight. 

Since when do loan players contracts end in April. I might be being naive here, but we are paying them until the end of June. They should be available and ready to play while ever we are paying their wages.

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Suspected that was probably the case with Bernard after DR’s candid comments in the pre match recently…

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Since when do loan players contracts end in April. I might be being naive here, but we are paying them until the end of June. They should be available and ready to play while ever we are paying their wages.

They don’t. I’m referring to Bernard and Johnson, not any of the loanees. 

If Bernard and Johnson are refusing to play, then Röhl needs to tell us.

If they have resided nee contracts, that’s fine, you are still under contract and play your contract out.

If they have signed for someone else, they are still under contract here, being paid and are needed.

5 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

If they have resided nee contracts, that’s fine, you are still under contract and play your contract out.

If they have signed for someone else, they are still under contract here, being paid and are needed.

If that is so, any other clubs might be interested in their behaviour and think carefully/ Are they injured or not, why bear about the bush?

Just for reference I’m not saying these players are refusing to play, I’m going off an earlier post saying that these two players are done here.

Personally, I don’t believe they are, do I believe they will be gone at the end of the season, yes, but if they have turned down new deals, so what, why would that mean they are done?, not for me.

18 minutes ago, SheffWed said:

Where are you getting this from?

Genuine question.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Where are you getting this from?

Genuine question.

Answered post above.

I probably worded it wrong, but it was In Answer to the other poster saying they are done here.

Edited by SheffWed

Again, I wasn’t saying they are refusing to play, like I know something, It was in regards to posts saying they are done here.

You be a bit stupid being player not wanting to play with a few games left.

As for Johnson, yes lots of rumours and talk so people jump to conclusions, but as for Bernard why would he be done here?, why would he not play?

Röhl likes him, we all know he’ll probably be off at the end of the season but anything else is just mental IMO