Obsessed Mini Pigs

14 hours ago, Musn't Grumble said:

The least we could do is offer a minutes applause after 23 minutes on Tuesday night for our dear Miller friends from the Sheffield District Of Rotherham.

A mate of mine who lives in one of its better suburbs goes ballistic when he receives snail mail  addressed to Rotherham near Sheffield

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wynyard Owl said:

A mate of mine who lives in one of its better suburbs goes ballistic when he receives snail mail  addressed to Rotherham near Sheffield

I'd send him an empty envelope every week lol

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

As a Rotherham Owl, this is flattering. 

I was getting worried they'd turn their attention to Rotherham Blades after their last couple of stints in the Premier League, but it looks like we're still the big fish in their eyes.

We still are the big fish mate 😉

• Haha 1

Giving them too much credit calling them mini pigs. They are as relevant to us as any other team outside Sheffield. I’d just like to thank their fans for their contribution to the world student games and super tram. 

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2024 at 11:27, Inspector Lestrade said:

I kind of hope that this guy was just "borrowing" the wheelchair and that there is nothing amiss but it doesn't look good.

The Rotherham Owls are a brilliant group of fans with many travelling home and away, we have been going for nearly three decades and have never really had any trouble from Rotherhams fans apart from the odd skirmish.  Most of it is just good old-fashioned football banter, but it does make me smile how they hate us so much, I just don't get it, as United and Leeds fans aren't treated with the same contempt.

I pat them on the head. 

This 👍

On 07/04/2024 at 11:36, lukeyswfc said:

Rotherham:
Relegated in 16/17
Promoted in 17/18
Relegated in 18/19
Promoted in 19/20
Relegated in 20/21
Promoted in 21/22
Stayed up in 22/23
Relegated in 23/24

At least they have fun every other year 😅

Yes but they really, really do badly in the Championship. Currently they hold the record for the lowest total (23) and the third lowest (29) with a strong possibility this year's total will make the bottom three.

On 07/04/2024 at 11:36, lukeyswfc said:

Rotherham:
Relegated in 16/17
Promoted in 17/18
Relegated in 18/19
Promoted in 19/20
Relegated in 20/21
Promoted in 21/22
Stayed up in 22/23
Relegated in 23/24

At least they have fun every other year 😅

Don't get why they don't just settle Lg1 mediocrity save all that bitterness in the end. Be better off finding a partner who wants a rivalry with them...possibly Mansfield similar clubs with a history of being in the shadow of their elders and betters.