Football Heaven tonight

I don’t see why it’s a big deal to be honest. It’s not like they’re gonna start goading fans. I’m sure although a Wednesdayite it’s in Statons interest for Sheff U to be a PL team etc. The more successful all the SY teams are the better the listening figures will be etc

• Like 1

I think he's a good caller, he's honest, has a laugh and goes home and away, he said he went in the Railway before game and spoke to a lot of owls who he said were great and he really enjoyed it, he was with Mick the Rawmarsh owl, have a listen back, see if you still think same.

3 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I think he's a good caller, he's honest, has a laugh and goes home and away, he said he went in the Railway before game and spoke to a lot of owls who he said were great and he really enjoyed it, he was with Mick the Rawmarsh owl, have a listen back, see if you still think same.

Definitely. In his 80s and goes home and away. Proper football fan. I think he caught Rob on the hop though letting that out of the bag (not to us but the other FH listeners). I know a Utd fan who simply won’t have it that he’s a Wednesday fan, they’ve convinced he supports Rovrum.  

• Haha 1

I know lol, but staton just had to say he used to be an Owl when he was a kid, but he doesn't support any team now,  agree he caught him on hop but he also lied about being an Owl,  is he ashamed or just doesn't want to be associated with any team because of his job do you think ?

3 hours ago, Howards back said:

Let’s face it Brian the Miller is a bit of a priick 

Meet him, Brian the Miller is one of the nicest blokes i've ever met 

Met up with him and Pete The Miller in the Railway before the match and had a proper good laugh Brian was chatting away with all groups of Wednesdayites in the Beer Garden 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

I know lol, but staton just had to say he used to be an Owl when he was a kid, but he doesn't support any team now,  agree he caught him on hop but he also lied about being an Owl,  is he ashamed or just doesn't want to be associated with any team because of his job do you think ?

The second one probably.

• Like 2

Was proper awkward and I don't think Rob handled it that well in hindsight. Cutting him off like he did just confirmed it was true really. 

Personally I have no issue with our local reporters supporting clubs. Paul walker and his family are massive blades, he still did a decent job. Same with Rob and Wednesday. As long as they try and be fair then that's all we can ask. 

• Like 1

Yeh, I personally used to think he was a Rotherham fan, but would never hold it against him, he is Rotherham born and bred, as he said on air last week, he also says he doesn't support any of our local clubs, just American football, but he did support us when he was younger, even went on soccer am with owls fans I've recently been told, the main thing is imo, he doesn't show any bias usually, and does a good job. Also been told by  Barnsley fan that Adam Oxley is a tykes fan, or maybe he used to be, I personally don't care who they support as long as they do a good job, my favourite is Giddings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

You don’t ‘used to be’ a fan of a club do you though?

Rob is an Owl, Adam is a Tarn fan and Paul Walker is a Blade. Who gives a sh ite, they’re all very good at their jobs. 

Pretty sure Adam is a Blade.

Think he's my favourite on there now though. They're all good really.

8 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Yeh, I personally used to think he was a Rotherham fan, but would never hold it against him, he is Rotherham born and bred, as he said on air last week, he also says he doesn't support any of our local clubs, just American football, but he did support us when he was younger, even went on soccer am with owls fans I've recently been told, the main thing is imo, he doesn't show any bias usually, and does a good job. Also been told by  Barnsley fan that Adam Oxley is a tykes fan, or maybe he used to be, I personally don't care who they support as long as they do a good job, my favourite is Giddings.

He was a regular poster on here until he joined BBC. Definitely a Wednesday fan.

• Like 1