Dele

Daz

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Surely not down to us skimping on wages again when it comes out young players?

Not as if we’ve seen a similar pattern on this in years gone by. Shaw, Urhoghide, Clare, Hirst…

Yeh if only we had paid that lot whatever they wanted...

I don't get the logic anyway, if FDB was being paid poorly it's still in his interest to play well to get a bigger move

• Like 3

On 25/09/2023 at 20:55, SallyCinnamon said:

Surely not down to us skimping on wages again when it comes out young players?

Not as if we’ve seen a similar pattern on this in years gone by. Shaw, Urhoghide, Clare, Hirst…

None of those 4 players have gone on to do anything better since Wednesday mind you.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’d hardly say being an Ipswich bench warmer demonstrates he made the right decision to leave us

He's been contracted to a premier league club for 3 years, now signed on a permanent deal by a club who are 2nd in the league that we're sat bottom of.

And you don't think that's a sign of doing better than us, a club that was relegated after he left and then spent 2 years in League one. Strange take

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’d hardly say being an Ipswich bench warmer demonstrates he made the right decision to leave us

Potential promotion to the Premier League versus odds on relegation to League One.

I'd love to hear your logic as to how we're a better proposition.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0742 said:

He's been contracted to a premier league club for 3 years, now signed on a permanent deal by a club who are 2nd in the league that we're sat bottom of.

And you don't think that's a sign of doing better than us, a club that was relegated after he left and then spent 2 years in League one. Strange take

Izzy Brown was contracted to Chelsea while he was here. 

lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 0742 said:

He is playing at the same level as us currently, how much time has he spent playing at a greater level than us? 

7 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Also has played below us in championship/league one. I'm not counting anything at Leicester 

I'm not sure about that. When he played in league one with Portsmouth and Ipswich we were also in league one. Only time he's played at a lower level to my knowledge was when he played in the Belgium 2nd division with Leuven.