Roy Keane assaulted

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

Didn't Keane do some boxing in his early years, is fairly fit, and has the temperament of bull terrier.  Micah should have let him go

This is what makes me laugh about people having a pop at footballers.

Footballers start proper fitness training in their early teens then spend the entirety of their 20's and bulk of their 30's living their lives to be at peak physical fitness as a professional requirement (despite how Sheffield Wednesday often appear). In terms of stuff like core strength they are built like tree trunks.

Bit of marching powder and a couple of hours per week at Pure Gym isn't going to cut it. I'm sure we've all fantasised about walloping certain players from time to time but the reality is most of us would get absolutely leathered. Keane specifically looks like he's kept himself in decent fettle since retiring.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

This is what makes me laugh about people having a pop at footballers.

Footballers start proper fitness training in their early teens then spend the entirety of their 20's and bulk of their 30's living their lives to be at peak physical fitness as a professional requirement (despite how Sheffield Wednesday often appear). In terms of stuff like core strength they are built like tree trunks.

Bit of marching powder and a couple of hours per week at Pure Gym isn't going to cut it. I'm sure we've all fantasised about walloping certain players from time to time but the reality is most of us would get absolutely leathered. Keane specifically looks like he's kept himself in decent fettle since retiring.

Very true. 

Lot of guys who workout are doing it more for show than anything else. 

Look at a guy like Mo Salah. He's probably got 1 percent bodyfat, lean as anything, and yet he is freakishly strong. Never gets knocked off the ball despite not being the biggest guy on the planet. 

As for Roy Keane, he might be in his 50s now, but I certainly wouldn't fancy getting into a kerfuffle with him.