The National League

IWEDFM

4 minutes ago, g-owls said:

It is.

A good set up down their now. The only problem is that ex pig Jamie Ward is manager!

O'Grady on Erret- Thompson offset that 👍. Loved my visits down there the last few months before I came back out here.

Building a decent side now and some momentum after a dodgy start, fans definitely expecting another tilt a promotion.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

O'Grady on Erret- Thompson offset that 👍. Loved my visits down there the last few months before I came back out here.

Building a decent side now and some momentum after a dodgy start, fans definitely expecting another tilt a promotion.

A lot of dropped points earlier in the season when conceding late goals.

It looks like they’ve finally managed to acclimatise themselves and as you say it’s not unrealistic to aim at a play-off place.

2 minutes ago, g-owls said:

It looks like they’ve finally managed to acclimatise themselves and as you say it’s not unrealistic to aim at a play-off place.

It's a decent sized town that would support a national north team in my opinion.

When they are flying get some decent attendances.

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

It's a decent sized town that would support a national north team in my opinion.

When they are flying get some decent attendances.

Definitely.

Alfreton have been at that level for a while now and have worse facilities and similar size crowds. 

• Like 1

As for the National League, Wrexham on top again after winning at Scunthorpe whilst County drew 2-2 at Southend the previous night.

I honestly can’t see anyone stopping them this year. County will push them but I think there’s just something missing from their squad to win the title.

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/news/first-team/club-statement-york-city-part-company-john-askey

York just sacked their manager which came as a shock, something must have gone on behind the scenes, they are my outside chance team this season and expected them to push on. 

Not so sure now and the fans aren't happy, the top of the table is looking interesting with County, Wrexham and Chesterfield. 

Chesterfield had a blip but looks to be over, but it does look like a three way race now. 

3 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Apparently there was over 16k at Notts County yesterday which is absolutly astonishing for that level 

Might see a decent rise in attendance non league wise as folks who support teams in the top two divisions seek out some proper live football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Might see a decent rise in attendance non league wise as folks who support teams in the top two divisions seek out some proper live football.

Got Sheffield FC right on my doorstep as i live only a few minutes away in the Jordanthorpe/Coal Aston area. When time allows, i will be popping down there from time to time to watch games when Wednesday aren't playing.

On 10/11/2022 at 20:46, g-owls said:

Just had this come up on Facebook if anyone is interested or you might be mate (obvs the mighty owls are in fa cup action).

But thought I'd share if anyone fancies a free game of football.

Screenshot_2022-11-22-01-41-46-00_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Just had this come up on Facebook if anyone is interested or you might be mate (obvs the mighty owls are in fa cup action).

But thought I'd share if anyone fancies a free game of football.

Screenshot_2022-11-22-01-41-46-00_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Yeah I saw that on Twitter earlier today.

I’d have gone but we’ve already paid for tickets at Hillsborough.

It should attract a good crowd with none of Forest, County or Derby in action.

The bar will make a fortune! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Just looked at the league table and Scunthorpe and Oldham now occupy the bottom two places. Wonder when these poor buggers will ever bottom out. Must be dreadful being one of their fans.

Big clubs for that level but years of mis-management and owners only in it to line their own pockets. Got to feel for the fans

Regarding Oldham, I remember seeing a video taken during the summer when the new owner bought them. He was practically saying that the rest of that league were not in the same ballpark as Oldham.

Thats going well isn’t it..