The National League

IWEDFM

20 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Sadly I can see them folding 

Weren’t they just taken over by a local millionaire?

Really sad to see, as the takeover seemed to herald a fresh start but as Chesterfield showed in their first two seasons in that league, it’s very hard to shake the losing culture. 

Odds on Shez coming back again?

On 03/12/2022 at 23:03, g-owls said:

Regarding Oldham, I remember seeing a video taken during the summer when the new owner bought them. He was practically saying that the rest of that league were not in the same ballpark as Oldham.

Thats going well isn’t it..

I mean, historically speaking they aren’t. Was only 30 years ago Oldham were in the PL, FA Cup semi’s and league cup final. 

Their fall from grace has been relentless.

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

I mean, historically speaking they aren’t. Was only 30 years ago Oldham were in the PL, FA Cup semi’s and league cup final. 

Their fall from grace has been relentless.

Historically no.

But to think that opposition sides are simply going to roll out the red carpet for them is stupidity.

The new owner, for all his good intentions at Oldham shouldn't have to belittle the likes of Dorking Wanderers. It generally comes back to bite..

7 hours ago, g-owls said:

Historically no.

But to think that opposition sides are simply going to roll out the red carpet for them is stupidity.

The new owner, for all his good intentions at Oldham shouldn't have to belittle the likes of Dorking Wanderers. It generally comes back to bite..

I agree, I think he maybe got a little carried away. I’ve noticed he’s not been as visible on social media since the slide down the table. 

It’s going to be a long journey back. For starts I’m not convinced David Unsworth is the right man. They should go for someone with solid experience of succeeding at national league/national north level.