Watching the Lg 1 playoff final?

28 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We only dropped 3 points in 8 games?

We dropped no points from winning positions when we were grinding it out and pressing teams. We started dropping points when we started to play our normal tactics when everyone was back.

The season is much longer than that and that is what I am talking about rather than just our good spells 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluesteel. said:

The season is much longer than that and that is what I am talking about rather than just our good spells 

I'm just pointing out that we had the players capable of grinding out results, we just chose not to use them.

That was a far better performance from Sunderland than what they produced against us. 

Created by far and away the best chances and probably should won by more. 

I think it's very much to our benefit that they went up, as I'm in no doubt they'd be challenging for automatic next season. 

As for Wycombe, let's hope the bubble has finally burst on that casserole of nonsense. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Glad Sunderland won. Proper club, good fans, and gets them out the way for next season.

No idea how Ipswich get to be favourites for next season. 

Derby are an unknown quantity until the financial issues are sorted. 

That’s a big price for MK so long as Twine is still there. They won the most points of any team in the second half of the season.

Portsmouth are likely to lose their 3 best players so not sure I fancy them.

As it stands, assuming we make a few good looking signings,  I’d put us as favourites but let’s see what the summer brings 

we will be starting the season with a new keeper an entire defence new striker and centre mid if luongo leaves that dont make us anywhere near favs .

lets hope that 90% of new signings are here by mid june when pre season starts or i will fear a poor start

9 minutes ago, morganowl said:

we will be starting the season with a new keeper an entire defence new striker and centre mid if luongo leaves that dont make us anywhere near favs .

lets hope that 90% of new signings are here by mid june when pre season starts or i will fear a poor start

For God's sake Morgs, don't!

lol

The thought of it makes you shudder.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Would love us to find a Ross Stewart in the summer. 

Strikers in the SPL would definitely move to league 1 and see it as a step up. Apart from the old firm, and maybe Hearts and Hibs, any player would move to us. Livingston have a 23 year old striker called Bruce Anderson, scored 11 goals which is the same as Morelos and more than any Celtic player. And he only played 28 games, missed the last 7 of the season with an injury. Could be the next Ross Stewart 

58 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Strikers in the SPL would definitely move to league 1 and see it as a step up. Apart from the old firm, and maybe Hearts and Hibs, any player would move to us. Livingston have a 23 year old striker called Bruce Anderson, scored 11 goals which is the same as Morelos and more than any Celtic player. And he only played 28 games, missed the last 7 of the season with an injury. Could be the next Ross Stewart 

Wrong

Screenshot_20220521-194048_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Neil has done a great job with them. 

True.

Sunderland have simply done what we did when we engaged Dave Jones to get us over the line in the Mind the Gap season.

Mandy is streets ahead of Channers when it comes to selecting managers.

Sunderland made the change and it's paid off.

They've brought in an experienced manager who's managed at a much higher level and has the confidence and expertise to try different things against different opponents.

Sunderland were more expansive today - against us, whom they saw as more of a threat, Neil simply outthought Moore and choked us.

I'm not convinced, having seen Wednesday against High Wycombe twice, that we necessarily would have won today.

I think Ainsworth would have shithoused and stifled us, and waited for us to concede from a defensive clanger or a set piece.

I doubt we'd have had the freedom which Sunderland had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Got to be honest I felt very jealous watching all the Sunderland fans and players celebrating at the end. 

What a pair of shyte teams tho..we missed a real chance there,cheers DM..oh and for giving wildsmith another year but letting Hutch go..blinding ffs..

20 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

True.

Sunderland have simply done what we did when we engaged Dave Jones to get us over the line in the Mind the Gap season.

Mandy is streets ahead of Channers when it comes to selecting managers.

Sunderland made the change and it's paid off.

They've brought in an experienced manager who's managed at a much higher level and has the confidence and expertise to try different things against different opponents.

Sunderland were more expansive today - against us, whom they saw as more of a threat, Neil simply outthought Moore and choked us.

I'm not convinced, having seen Wednesday against High Wycombe twice, that we necessarily would have won today.

I think Ainsworth would have shithoused and stifled us, and waited for us to concede from a defensive clanger or a set piece.

I doubt we'd have had the freedom which Sunderland had.

good post. 

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Bearing in mind we only managed to take a point off Wycombe, I'm not sure we've gained much.

Would Sunderland have gone up had Johnson stayed?

Or is it down to Neil?

Sunderland have far greater resources than Wycombe. There’s more chance Wycombe will drop off next season than Sunderland would have. 

And who knows. Sunderland were a few points off automatic when Johnson got sacked. 

17 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Sorry buddy, think what I saw was the league before it broke in two. So yeah you’re right in the end! What I saw was the original league before they split it off sorry 

No probs wozza mate..you're right about being able to pick up good players from SPL Stewart at Sunderland and Lyndsey and Miller at Rotherham are all good players 👍 

3 minutes ago, Mighty Quinn said:

No probs wozza mate..you're right about being able to pick up good players from SPL Stewart at Sunderland and Lyndsey and Miller at Rotherham are all good players 👍 

Yeah think Stewart was Ross county wasn’t he? All the teams below the old firm are probably league 1 standard anyway so should be an easy transition for them 

6 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Yeah think Stewart was Ross county wasn’t he? All the teams below the old firm are probably league 1 standard anyway so should be an easy transition for them 

Yes mate Stewart and Lyndsey were Ross County and I think Miller was Hamilton accies