Owls 0 - 2 Oxford 1st April 1991

The game in 91 was played on Easter Monday as I recall and Sheridan did indeed take some stick, we lost 0-2, and it was  the one and only time I remember him getting booed.

The next home game was Blackburn , a night game and Sherri scored a brace and famously run up to the kop with his team mates to say is that any good then whilst looking angry mad 😉

Anyway Oxford were indeed a bogey team in the  early 70s , don't think we scored against them at home or away for about 3 years.

Let's hope today is very different to the games mentioned and we stuff em 

• Like 1

I was there and remember thinking the following on the way out ;

We were rubbish , and i hope we shake ourselves out of it or promotion might be in danger

Re - Sheridan................the stupidity of some fans never ceases to amaze me 

I hope Big Ron tries to sign Paul Simpson the Oxford left winger who had a terrific game

17 hours ago, Beard said:

I remember this, as when it happened (the booing) I angrily turned round and started sticking the rods up. Not at anyone in particular just in the general direction of where they were coming from because I couldn't believe what I was hearing and it wound me right up. Anyway at the final whistle out of nowhere two big pillocks appear threatening to kick my head in for sticking them the rods. Alot of shouting followed, them accusing me, me saying I didn't etc etc. Then they just buggered off. I'll never forget nor understand it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

And you still don’t understand ,  us booers won us the cup that season . 

I was also at that game stood on the kop.

Wednesday were rubbish and imo Sheridan was shocking.

He was of course an excellent footballer but there seemed an attitude problem that meant that instead of playing at Old Trafford , Anfield etc he spent his career with us , Forest and L**ds.

I think when he thinks back at his careeer  he will know that a little bit more application and dedication would have provided him with a lot more success.