Robert Lewandowski receives the 2020-21 European Golden Shoe

Kopparberg

Robert Lewandowski has received the 2020-21 European Golden Shoe, having scored 41 Bundesliga goals for Bayern Munich.

The award is given to the top goalscorer in all domestic leagues across Europe.

Lewandowski, 33, is only the second Germany-based player to win it, after Bayern legend Gerd Muller in 1971-72.

The Polish striker's tally last season was the highest since Cristiano Ronaldo claimed the award in 2015 with Real Madrid after netting 48 goals.

Lewandowski comfortably outscored Lionel Messi (30) and Ronaldo (29) in his 29 Bundesliga appearances.

40 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

he scored 41 in 29? joke league

He is a quality striker but Bayern have scored 19 goals in their last 4 league games. It is too easy for them.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

He’s obviously a great finisher, but I just find Lewandowski such a vanilla player. Like he doesn’t have that star power you associate with top players, always felt there’s something missing 

I get what you mean. 

Maybe it’s because he’s doing it in the German league - or that people can’t relate to his Polish character…. Apparently he is quite ‘fun’ online, doing videos, not taking himself seriously. 

I’m thinking mainly that it’s just his absolute robotic way he bags goals like he’s putting sweets in a jar or something. 

44 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I get what you mean. 

Maybe it’s because he’s doing it in the German league - or that people can’t relate to his Polish character…. Apparently he is quite ‘fun’ online, doing videos, not taking himself seriously. 

I’m thinking mainly that it’s just his absolute robotic way he bags goals like he’s putting sweets in a jar or something. 

His wife is one of the biggest online personalities in Poland so figures