New retail park approved for the old Wednesdayite carpark

3 hours ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

The club should utilise the opportunity of moving the club shop over the road and convert the current shop into a fan zone, bar / fast food / pre-match entertainment. They could even call it the ozzie owl club.

And offices.

Then the entire 2nd floor could be additional hospitality venue

Pubs are closing at an alarming rate. We’ve lost so many matchday pubs around the ground. We’ve got crap facilities within the ground, But that’s a cracking idea of grandads. Move the shop across the road and convert the shop to a matchday bar with outside seating and catering. Would be brilliant on match days, and very popular I would guess. 

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Pubs are closing at an alarming rate. We’ve lost so many matchday pubs around the ground. We’ve got crap facilities within the ground, But that’s a cracking idea of grandads. Move the shop across the road and convert the shop to a matchday bar with outside seating and catering. Would be brilliant on match days, and very popular I would guess. 

What about non matchdays

Events maybe?

Owlstalk Shop

11 hours ago, Flying V said:

Wonder what will happen to the old shop that Charlie Brown's vacated, I remember it when it was the Blue star garage.

If its footprint is part of the development it'll be flattened, if not it'll be an eyesore like it is now. 

The whole area there will look better for this development, OK its a flat pack boring out of town shopping area like they all are, but at the moment it looks like a wasteland. 

I like the idea of us having a shop there, it'd be bigger than uniteds, that would really annoy prince charmin. Would free up the current megastore to be redeveloped for summat that would bring in money. I see this as an absolute win. 

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

If its footprint is part of the development it'll be flattened, if not it'll be an eyesore like it is now. 

The whole area there will look better for this development, OK its a flat pack boring out of town shopping area like they all are, but at the moment it looks like a wasteland. 

I like the idea of us having a shop there, it'd be bigger than uniteds, that would really annoy prince charmin. Would free up the current megastore to be redeveloped for summat that would bring in money. I see this as an absolute win. 

Having a shop there is good idea. The development though is absolutely crazy, hate the places and done nothing but damage to high streets and town centres. 

17 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

What about non matchdays

Events maybe?

It could be feasible if it was done correctly. I know we have corporate facilities in the south stand, but they are, well, corporate facilities aren’t they. Big space but very unwelcoming. Certainly wouldn’t be my choice, other than through being a wednesdayite. But if they did it properly and gave it a proper Wednesday pub feel, I thin’ it would be popular.