New retail park approved for the old Wednesdayite carpark

10 hours ago, Beard said:

Shame the club wasn't in a position to buy the land and create a 'Wednesdayland'. The club shop could move over there, could have Wednesday themed pub/restaurant. Museum, a 5aside pitch. Make a killing on matchdays and wouldn't do too bad during the week I would imagine. And to top it all a blue and white lit up bridge over Penistone Road into the ground. 

Sounds like pure hell.

Would Jon Beswetherik be manning the dodgems?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Grandad said:

Jaguar estates bought it approx 5 yrs ago. It was offered to the club first

I believe it went for £2m

The plans for the TA Centre were very good and would have resulted in the closure of every TA Centre from what I could remember. The club should have bought it and could have put conferencing facilities or the like on. Same as Leeds have done 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grandad said:

Jaguar estates bought it approx 5 yrs ago. It was offered to the club first

I believe it went for £2m

I don't know whether 2m was a good deal but at around 20% of Jordan Rhodes  it would have seen sensible to have bought it anyway and not developed it until a decision is made about Hillsborough. 

It could always be sold at a later date at a profit anyway.

Unfortunately it was offered, By Tesco, to the club at the end of the Manderic era , when he had run out of cash. Tesco were desperate to off load surplus assets and Hillsborough Penistone LLP (Jaguar Estates) snapped it up. If it had been 6 months later then Chansiri may have seen it as a good investment, but by that time Jaguar had already embarked on buying surrounding land and buildings to get to the site they now have. The land cost Jaguar over £6m in total

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Grandad said:

While we're covering stuff like this - can I just add that wednesdayite and their directors have never (not once) had an all expenses paid trip to Vegas.

Not ALL expenses. Hookers were a purely personal choice

Why bother with Vegas when we can all go to Fleetwood in February ! 
the sell on clause for the car park should pay out by then 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I don’t care if there’s a new thing on that ground - it’s a mess currently so get summat on it

But the pictures look boring as fooooookery

But where will the locals take their dogs for their daily poo? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It would have been very useful to use as an extension of the kop, bigger area for bars and things that the kop currently lacks due to space.

All it needed was a bridge and a little vision from the club.

And about 30 million + to pay for it 

31 minutes ago, s.kirkbyowl said:

The club should utilise the opportunity of moving the club shop over the road and convert the current shop into a fan zone, bar / fast food / pre-match entertainment. They could even call it the ozzie owl club.

That's not a bad shout - I'm sure they'll be units still for rent over the road, and the fan zone would be good addition, with a bar/club for increased revenue.