Do we expect the senior players to still be here come September 1st?

Today’s starting 11 was full of senior players that you would expect to

more than hold their own at League 1 level.

But just how many will still be at the club come the end of the window? I expect Borner, Windass and Bannan to leave. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Palmer and Paterson push for moves either.

Question is do we still expect more movement out before we get movement in?

Get rid of anyone we get a offer for 

Not one player Is worth the wage they are getting 

Time to move on from the same failing rubbish 

Unfortunately the donkey chairman and a section of the fan base can't let go

• Like 7
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Jim said:

Today’s starting 11 was full of senior players that you would expect to

more than hold their own at League 1 level.

But just how many will still be at the club come the end of the window? I expect Borner, Windass and Bannan to leave. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Palmer and Paterson push for moves either.

Question is do we still expect more movement out before we get movement in?

I wouldn't miss any of them. 

Bannan must leave, we cannot justify paying that kind of wage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Bit of a weird question considering we won’t be able to/capable of signing anyone of any experience. 

Fair enough but we’ve got to shake it up if we can IMO? If we don’t at least try we’re done for. The keeper situation is a case in point.

Personally I'd sell anyone earning more than 5k a week just to get them off the books and look to rebuild from there.

If we are lucky and EFL don't go too hard on us we should be clear to start signing players again, but it has to be done on the basis of realistic wages not some pie in the sky figure dreamt up by their agents.

I want to see the club run on a sustainable basis going forward and the first step is to get a realistic grip on the wages.

Total wage budget for all playing staff has to come down to c.7.5 million for starters (30 in squad at c 5k per week max - some lower). Wednesday need to be sustainable for the generations to come not just the next season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Personally I'd sell anyone earning more than 5k a week just to get them off the books and look to rebuild from there.

If we are lucky and EFL don't go too hard on us we should be clear to start signing players again, but it has to be done on the basis of realistic wages not some pie in the sky figure dreamt up by their agents.

I want to see the club run on a sustainable basis going forward and the first step is to get a realistic grip on the wages.

Total wage budget for all playing staff has to come down to c.7.5 million for starters (30 in squad at c 5k per week max - some lower). Wednesday need to be sustainable for the generations to come not just the next season. 

Did you see in the Championship spending table, that the perfect model club Brentford lost £34, in 19-20 ? 

that included playoffs money too ! 

2 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Did you see in the Championship spending table, that the perfect model club Brentford lost £34, in 19-20 ? 

that included playoffs money too ! 

Isn't that to do with them building a new stadium? 

• Like 1