42 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Before anyone starts I'm no Chansiri apologist and agree he's made a complete and utter mess of running our club. However it's interesting to read from posters on here that if they won £112M they wouldn't put a penny into the club yet no doubt expect DC to keep covering the losses being made by the club (admittedly much of these but not all are due to his calamitous stewardship).

Why would they?

There's no obligation to, and it's just a black hole that swallows up your cash

Furthermore I bet YOU wouldn't either if/when you won the lottery!

Fans pay out a massive percentage of their income as it is in tickets, shirts, catering, programmes, I-Follow etc etc

I would rather applaud our fans for the money they put in already rather than have a pop at anyone saying they'd not throw their life savings down the drain by putting it into our current basketcase of a club

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why would they?

Fans pay out a massive percentage of their income as it is in tickets, shirts, catering, programmes, I-Follow etc etc

I would rather applaud our fans for the money they put in already rather than have a pop at anyone saying they'd not throw their life savings down the drain by putting it into our current basketcase of a club

Not sure a lottery jackpot win can be considered as your life savings. Would I do it? A moot point as I don't do the lottery. However I'd like to think when I surprisingly inherit over £100m I'd put a little of it into the club in some shape or form.

Your point of fans paying out a massive percentage seems a bit inaccurate (suppose that depends on your definition of massive) and it's not like we're giving cash away, we are getting a product/service for it (a pretty crap one at the moment I admit).

As my original post stated I'm no fan of DC and was simply making a counter which didn't deserve your unnecessarily antagonistic response.

• Love 1

21 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Not sure a lottery jackpot win can be considered as your life savings. Would I do it? A moot point as I don't do the lottery. However I'd like to think when I surprisingly inherit over £100m I'd put a little of it into the club in some shape or form.

Your point of fans paying out a massive percentage seems a bit inaccurate (suppose that depends on your definition of massive) and it's not like we're giving cash away, we are getting a product/service for it (a pretty crap one at the moment I admit).

As my original post stated I'm no fan of DC and was simply making a counter which didn't deserve your unnecessarily antagonistic response.

So basically you're sticking to your guns, that every Wednesday fan who wins the lottery should spaff it on Wednesday and throw it into a big financial black hole, and that percentage wise Wednesday fans dont' spend a lot of their income on following the football club and nothing will change your mind?

I'm not being antagonistic by the way - sorry if it comes across as that - I just find your views something I dont' necessarily agree with

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So basically you're sticking to your guns, that every Wednesday fan who wins the lottery should spaff it on Wednesday and throw it into a big financial black hole, and that percentage wise Wednesday fans dont' spend a lot of their income on following the football club and nothing will change your mind?

I'm not being antagonistic by the way - sorry if it comes across as that - I just find your views something I dont' necessarily agree with

You have a strange way of reading a lot of stuff between the lines that isn't there.

I haven't said that they should and certainly not enormous sums, I was referring to comments stating they wouldn't give a penny and trying to compare that (maybe not very well) to what fans expect DC to spend funding the club.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not sure what constitutes a "massive percentage" (your words) spent on Wednesday. Let's say for arguments sake someone has a season ticket buys a shirt and spends a bit on food and a drink at each match, so a very rough estimate of £1K a season, yes there will be some that spend more but a bet that estimated amount is more than the average. Now if that fan earns a relatively small salary of £20K, that's only 5% which I'm sure you'd agree is not massive. I'm not belittling their contribution which is way more than I spend on the club, just merely trying to counter your claim (which I notice has changed from spending a massive percentage on the club e.g. tickets, merchandise and catering, to your second post which refers to them spending a lot of their income following the club. Two very different statements, I agree with your last one but not the first. 

Anyway, always good to debate.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Brommers said:

You have a strange way of reading a lot of stuff between the lines that isn't there.

I haven't said that they should and certainly not enormous sums, I was referring to comments stating they wouldn't give a penny and trying to compare that (maybe not very well) to what fans expect DC to spend funding the club.

As I said in my previous post, I'm not sure what constitutes a "massive percentage" (your words) spent on Wednesday. Let's say for arguments sake someone has a season ticket buys a shirt and spends a bit on food and a drink at each match, so a very rough estimate of £1K a season, yes there will be some that spend more but a bet that estimated amount is more than the average. Now if that fan earns a relatively small salary of £20K, that's only 5% which I'm sure you'd agree is not massive. I'm not belittling their contribution which is way more than I spend on the club, just merely trying to counter your claim (which I notice has changed from spending a massive percentage on the club e.g. tickets, merchandise and catering, to your second post which refers to them spending a lot of their income following the club. Two very different statements, I agree with your last one but not the first. 

Anyway, always good to debate.

Thanks for the reply mate - like I say I wasn't being antagonistic or anything I was just struggling to get across what I was trying to say in an understandable way

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

neil you should consider introducing a maximum time limit for individuals to view O/T each day.

it's getting that bad the news is harmful to people's health.

On 03/06/2021 at 17:24, @owlstalk said:

Why would they?

Sometimes I get the impression you don't like Mr Chansiri.