100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

Fair enough Jack. I know you play fair with you views.

As things stand we won’t be relegated because we’re not good enough but because of the 6 points deduction and when relegation is confirmed, it will be because of this IMO.

I’m not saying over the piece the players haven’t been found wanting because they have. We have players in this squad far more capable than what they’ve shown for the most part of this season.

They’ve also been badly managed mainly by GM and TP but NT and DM don’t get off the hook completely.

28 points dropped from winning positions plus none gained from losing positions shows this squad mentally are gone and in order to improve we need a large turnover of players. I think DM is capable of this but a lot depends on the freedom he’s going to get from DC and the support from the fan base.

Totally agree mate in the main...but waaaay too many of these players are still under contract(or have been offered contracts) next year.How many will be Millionaires now,cutesy of SWFC? Even PP 8,9 grand a week alleged 'wages'? would see him in that bracket on the time he has been here..

Not convinced that DM would have kept us up if he’d been appointed earlier, as the OP suggests.

What I do know though is that all this chopping and changing managers hasn’t done us any favours.

Lets hope that DM is given a fair crack of the whip next season and our managerial merry go round comes to a standstill for a bit 

• Like 1

Monk should have gone at this time last year, definitely.... Never wanted Pulis and because of his negative play it was a huge mistake. Moore is trying to play football worth paying for which is the first time since Wembley. So I really hope he can take us forward. I am a bit worried that we have played nieve tactics and lacked urgency and spirit at times when we needed to graft and go for it muck n nettles.... Can he turn a bad run around..... Or is it plan A has to be drummed in to them over preseason and believe in the process and it will come good.

One MAIN THING is who chose the players last summer and DEFINITELY a decent striker in January even if we had had to sell. I think with that maybe any of the managers would have kept us up..... Just! 

Last few years have shown we have wasted big money on some players and charged expensive ticket prices to watch dross! 

I really hope we can now get things sorted and be able to be entertained as well as moving in the right direction because the negative style has failed miserably and been poo to have to endure.

4 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

yes Pulis was a poor appointment

TBF we will never know will we? he wasn't given a chance to show what he could do,and not allowed a transfer window...He made it clear(as GM did) that these players were not allegedly going to be good enough to keep us in this Division(sic)

Chairman allegedly didnt like what he heard.....i think myself  that both GM and TP (with a striker/transfer window) would have kept us in this Division.

Should have done a pre contract with DM for next season and left him at Donny till than..transfer window,new players,old players out,and a full pre season to get his team familiar with the systym he likes..

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Fair enough Jack. I know you play fair with you views.

As things stand we won’t be relegated because we’re not good enough but because of the 6 points deduction and when relegation is confirmed, it will be because of this IMO.

I’m not saying over the piece the players haven’t been found wanting because they have. We have players in this squad far more capable than what they’ve shown for the most part of this season.

They’ve also been badly managed mainly by GM and TP but NT and DM don’t get off the hook completely.

28 points dropped from winning positions plus none gained from losing positions shows this squad mentally are gone and in order to improve we need a large turnover of players. I think DM is capable of this but a lot depends on the freedom he’s going to get from DC and the support from the fan base.

Having 4 managers in one season won’t have helped..there has been no stability, continuity structure or plan.

This stems from the very top and seeps into all aspects of the club, manifesting itself in our performances.

DC has gone from one extreme to another - retaining managers when they should have gone to letting them go when they should have stayed.  Pulis will divide opinions for eternity but IMO he needed time to get the team playing his way and grinding out results, which I think he would have done given time but DC gave him the chop, letting the club drift.  Moore arguably came in 10 games too late to be able to have the effect needed in time.

As it is, we will likely fall short and drop through the door - a result that is entirely of our own making.

The club is a total mess and being run into the ground - yes the managers can be blamed but at present they have no solid, reliable base to work from, making what is a tough job almost impossible.

• Like 2

None of the managers weve had this season have been able to get any level of consistent performance from the squad this season,  due to the same factors, the quality isnt there anymore and players are winding down contracts so arent giving us the full commitment.

Frequent manager changes lead to instability and poor results, all of which stems from an insecurity/indecision from the leader.

Starting the season with a supposed 12 point deficit was always a weight round our next in the recruitment window and the players we brought in reflect that,and were stuck with a few of them 

On 21/04/2021 at 13:10, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

How can you pin it and say Pulis has cost us it in the end?

Under Moore we should've got points from Rotherham, 3 points vs Bristol City, Huddersfield were poor and there for the taking.

You can't pin it on 1 man when we've had Monk Pulis Thompson and Moore who've all made errors as well.

IMO it's the players who are ultimately responsible for us being in this situation, as they've continually made school boy errors ( regardless of the tactics) that have cost us big time in terms of points required to stay up this year... Even under Pullis (who I didn't really like) we had Windass sent off for a stupid (unnecessary) tackle on the 1/2 way line against PNE (who had no win by then) that then ultimately cost us the game..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Having 4 managers in one season won’t have helped..there has been no stability, continuity structure or plan.

This stems from the very top and seeps into all aspects of the club, manifesting itself in our performances.

DC has gone from one extreme to another - retaining managers when they should have gone to letting them go when they should have stayed.  Pulis will divide opinions for eternity but IMO he needed time to get the team playing his way and grinding out results, which I think he would have done given time but DC gave him the chop, letting the club drift.  Moore arguably came in 10 games too late to be able to have the effect needed in time.

As it is, we will likely fall short and drop through the door - a result that is entirely of our own making.

The club is a total mess and being run into the ground - yes the managers can be blamed but at present they have no solid, reliable base to work from, making what is a tough job almost impossible.

In terms of DC the two major issues that I have is not selling players who want to leave (it's just not good for the player/ team moral) business and replacing managers at completely the wrong time... He should've sacked CC after he failed the 2nd year for promotion (closed season) and not into the next season, as he'd lost it the day he took charge. Then he shouldn't have even employed Jos as he wasn't suitable (was weird mannered and hadn't achieved enough as a player or manager to be respected), he then sacked Jos into the next season (too late), started Steve Bruce too late and likewise sacked GM too late after employing his backroom staff, which he needed for support... Then TP was a mistake, as I think he'd given up on football and just wanted a final pay day, which was apparent from his time at Crystal Palace already... Then he's equally started Darren Moore with no possibility of making changes other than to the teams tactics from (the bones of) an inherited failed team...