100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.

7 hours ago, Paul.. said:

How many of our matches have you watched this season? I've probably watched at least 90%, maybe more, there's a huge difference in how we're playing now compared to how we were playing under Monk and Pulis.

Ahhh  an 'Uber fan' ! why didnt you say so? who am i to have an opinion eh?...only supported Wednesday 60 years....**** all...Tactics...playing out from the back,with players not suited to it,and no pre season to get it perfected,...how many points has that cost us?  picking/not picking a formation best suited to the squad? playing a loner striker?...There is a difference to how we are playing under the managers you ref,correct,but its not changing the game or the results is it? ...nor the inability to recover once going behind....

There seems to be a section on Owlstalk who have openly stated they dont mind watching this type of football even if we lose!

Matches i dont watch IFollow and will not see the inside of S6 again until the  current Chairman'Advisors leave...I watch the odd match live when available,highlights on TV each week,on Quest,and i listen each week to the excellent radio Sheffield coverage,which i enjoy.

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Yes

TP: 6 goals in 10 games (0.6 pg)

DM: 13 goals in 11 games (1.2 pg)

Yes

TP: 10% win rate

DM: 27% win rate

Yes

Yes (see above)

No

Actually, the answer to all Q except for one is NO, but close... good try!

First if you want to post stats,reference them...where have you got your information from? or are we to just take your word? second...stats as you know can be manipulated to mean just about anything....eg DM win rate not over the same number of matches as TP is it? Ditto goals per game?  slews the stats doesn't it?..

The only stat that matters however is the points for/against at the end of the season.

Finally(and agian) in 2021 it seems that the only people left you are allowed to belittle are those with dyslexia....

I cant spell,never have been able to,and my grammar at times is poor to non existent....that obviously makes you feel superior...Your not,your just ignorant. So  however powerful you feel your argument is,as soon as you resort to crude belittling,you show yourself for what you are...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

God knows. I’ve seen ‘we’d be safe in Monk had stayed’ threads as well. 
No doubt the Pulis time was a disaster but maybe if he had stayed we also be safe (assuming he’d twisted DC’s arm for a striker). 
All in all I think the killer has been the multiple changes as much as anything. That and the lack of striker coming in which I think has a lot to do with having no manager in place during the window. 

Agreed - Pulis record is poor here but I think he would have got us grinding our results once the players had adapted to his style of play., not pretty but vital in a relegation scrap.

There just hasn’t been enough of that since he left, sliding to far to many defeats and throwing points away.

People forget his start at Stoke wasn't great but they stuck with him and ended up doing alright - as for us, it’s highly likely we’ll drop and I don’t see us returning anytime soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, parajack said:

Finally(and agian) in 2021 it seems that the only people left you are allowed to belittle are those with dyslexia....

I cant spell,never have been able to,and my grammar at times is poor to non existent....that obviously makes you feel superior...Your not,your just ignorant. So  however powerful you feel your argument is,as soon as you resort to crude belittling,you show yourself for what you are...

I'm sorry, where on earth in my post have I belittled you for using bad grammar or spelling, or even commented on your grammar or spelling in any way? The thought literally didn't even cross my mind, the bleedin' hell are you on about?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm sorry, where on earth in my post have I belittled you for using bad grammar or spelling, or even commented on your grammar or spelling in any way? The thought literally didn't even cross my mind, the bleedin' hell are you on about?

Seemed you placed your last sentence in italics and used different grammar to mine,why highlight it?.and the overall context of your post..seemed allegedly belittling to me....if it didnt cross your mind,forget it,move on....but I should focus on the rest of your post if i were you...wheres your references,? place the stats you gave in the context of total games played by both respective managers,and if your going to compare and contrast ,show us how your working out yours stats.(since both managers have played a different number of games,even 1 or 2 games as a % can make a huge difference)

Reasonable requests given your reply's...

Edited by parajack

7 hours ago, parajack said:

First if you want to post stats,reference them...where have you got your information from? or are we to just take your word? second...stats as you know can be manipulated to mean just about anything....eg DM win rate not over the same number of matches as TP is it? Ditto goals per game?  slews the stats doesn't it?..

The only stat that matters however is the points for/against at the end of the season.

Come on Jack. A lot of us would take substance over style if I t got us results on a regular basis but the managerial god you constantly stick up for didn't get them for the best part of a year. That’s why he was sacked.

Let’s see how Moore’s results are in the next year before writing him off?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm still convinced had Monk still been here we would have picked up a few more wins. He is / was a poor manager, but I think all this chopping and changing this season has had a majorly negative impact.

Bar NT's good run of form, neither TP or DM have created any upturn in form. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim said:

Come on Jack. A lot of us would take substance over style if I t got us results on a regular basis but the managerial god you constantly stick up for didn't get them for the best part of a year. That’s why he was sacked.

Let’s see how Moore’s results are in the next year before writing him off?

Ime not writing DM off mate,quite the reverse,i think he is the right manager in post(if there is such an animal under our current mngt) to give us half a chance of Div 3 survival(worth saying that,because thats what it is isnt it? THREE?)

My critique of playing out from the back,is just that...I think its not appropriate for this group of players,at this time...& most would agree that playing with a lone striker simply didnt make sense with the options we had...

Even the armchair managers (like me) could see that we had to go with 2 up front.....and give JR the chance to get amongst the goals,for me with Windass,and Patterson supporting.

TP got hammered from day one on here,DM is the manager in post and when appointed there were plenty of points still to play for.....any casual look at my post history will show me continually holding the Players responsible for our demise.

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Ime not writing DM off mate,quite the reverse,i think he is the right manager in post(if there is such an animal under our current mngt) to give us half a chance of Div 3 survival(worth saying that,because thats what it is isnt it? THREE?)

My critique of playing out from the back,is just that...I think its not appropriate for this group of players,at this time...& most would agree that playing with a lone striker simply didnt make sense with the options we had...

Even the armchair managers (like me) could see that we had to go with 2 up front.....and give JR the chance to get amongst the goals,for me with Windass,and Patterson supporting.

TP got hammered from day one on here,DM is the manager in post and when appointed there were plenty of points still to play for.....any casual look at my post history will show me continually holding the Players responsible for our demise.

Fair enough Jack. I know you play fair with you views.

As things stand we won’t be relegated because we’re not good enough but because of the 6 points deduction and when relegation is confirmed, it will be because of this IMO.

I’m not saying over the piece the players haven’t been found wanting because they have. We have players in this squad far more capable than what they’ve shown for the most part of this season.

They’ve also been badly managed mainly by GM and TP but NT and DM don’t get off the hook completely.

28 points dropped from winning positions plus none gained from losing positions shows this squad mentally are gone and in order to improve we need a large turnover of players. I think DM is capable of this but a lot depends on the freedom he’s going to get from DC and the support from the fan base.

I like Moore and, given time, reckon he could do a good job here.

A thankless task atm, considering what he has at his disposal.

Hope he gets the chance to build his own side in the summer, irrespective of what league we are in.

Having someone who is a good guy in the hot seat is at least something when everything else about the club is so dislikeable.

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

If we do go down I hope its by more than six points. Anything in the 0-6 point range gives DC the excuse of it was the EFL that sent us down rather than his own incompetence.

It really doesn't.

It was his incompetence which earned us the points deduction in the first place.

P&S rules have been in place since the day Chansiri stepped into Hillsborough; that he chose to breach them and invite an EFL sanction is down to him and him alone.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It really doesn't.

It was his incompetence which earned us the points deduction in the first place.

P&S rules have been in place since the day Chansiri stepped into Hillsborough; that he chose to breach them and invite an EFL sanction is down to him and him alone.

Yes but I highly doubt he sees it that way

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I'm still convinced had Monk still been here we would have picked up a few more wins. He is / was a poor manager, but I think all this chopping and changing this season has had a majorly negative impact.

Bar NT's good run of form, neither TP or DM have created any upturn in form. 

I agree I think with monk in charge we would have 4-5 more points but the football under Moore looks to a lot better on the eye

Edited by bladeshater