100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.

1 hour ago, trev said:

Not sure. Don't get me wrong I like the more attacking footy but we still have the same weak players.

Hopefully when he gets his own players in we will see it come to fruition. Providing he doesn't get sacked.

There we have it. Monk was shambolic and should have gone pre Covid. Pulis was a terrible appointment. Thompson lasted too long and now we have Moore. But the reason we’re going down is this pathetic excuse for a squad. We can blame monk for putting it together and I do but even so there is enough to stay up in there talent wise, not mentally tho. 

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

We were down when Moore arrived. He bears zero responsibility for our relegation in my opinion.

Where did i solely blame him?
There was still a chance to stay up when he came in.

We've thrown points away left right and centre.

All 4 managers this season have made mistakes and Moore has as well.

I posted in a thread the other day saying i don't blame any of the managers solely for this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Agree.

The blame sits with Chansiri though, he should have sacked Monk in the summer regardless...starting the season with the wrong man and still being in the bottom 3 come Christmas was the biggest indication we were going down. I cannot believe we kept Monk for as long as we did. The damage had already been done before we changed it up. 

Pulis might have been better if he’d had more games and come in at the start of the season. But those 10 games were truly awful, he somehow made us a worse team and there’s no denying that. I actually credit Chansiri for getting rid of him when he did, if we had kept him for longer our season would have been over in February. 

I really like DM, it’s just a shame the poor decisions made by others and our owner have ruined his first season and probably most of next season too. 

Our record both with and without Monk this season is pretty much the same. Last nights win for Moore just about puts him at a similiar level of PPG as Monk had this season. We were out of the bottom three at the turn of the year I think so the damage hadnt already been done. 

I like Moore and hopefully DC lets him have more control and he can finally drag this club kicking and screaming into the 21st century but under him we have still seen the same things happening -  last minute goals against us/leads thrown away/poor performances and heavy defeats and involving periods of play which are abject and mistakes that are schoolboy level. We pass the ball better but we are still largely seeing the same things happening. 

Just now, edwinowl said:

Plus we’ve played 8 games with 10 men not including the six point deduction 

yep problems all over the show this season but the one that will  probably kill us is the deduction.......and  we know who to blame for that . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Were we? We re-signed Hutchinson and signed Green.

Yeh the free agency loophole the reason why I believe. We also offered for players and said we would pay the transfer fees next season, which they all rejected. 

I assume we were embargoed with the conditions being any fees being directed out for transfers, free agents being a way round it. 

Opinion will be split on here (when is it not? 😖) but I think Moore has done well. Results haven’t been fantastic but you can definitely see a progressive structure taking shape which wasn’t in evidence before.

The reason we aren’t further on is the quality isn’t there. We have some defenders and midfielders who aren’t particularly comfortable in possession. We don’t possess great creative players and we don’t have enough quality finishers across the board.

However I do have confidence that Moore can improve the general picture given time. He’s certainly the type of manager who looks to coach and subsequently improve players. We haven’t had one of these type of managers for quite a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

It would be nice before the end of the season to have a team that could give a consistent level of performance for the full 90 minutes compared to the one half we currently have.

I cannot remember a season when 1st to 2nd half was so chalk and cheese these are not kids playing they are season pro's when the dust settles a lot of them should be hanging their heads in shame of some of the performance they have churned out this season.

Very,very true...

Keep the faith with Darren, having watched all but 2/3 of our games this season imo there has been a very clear improvement even if the results haven't necessarily shown it. I imagine with a team full of his own players, regardless of the division we are in, Moore is the right man to take us forward.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

But there hasnt been has there? wheres the 'big' improvement in tactics? game management? subs? DM record almost identical to TP and playing out from the back has led us nowhere(with these players) Blackburn had nothing to play for,we are fighting relegation,and it just about saw us over the line,even though(again) we only managed 1 goal......

Agree. They still do not know whether to play Rhodes or Paterson. Or whether Harris is worth a place. Tactics still old fashioned with long balls from Bannan easy to spot and challenge for. We need a creative player who can give the ball to a guy further forward, take a return and run forwards with it to give the ball to a forward.
Not booting from the armchair. Bannan does it well but also loses the ball a lot outside his own penalty area and provides no service to the strikers which they can turn into a shooting opportunity.

Still fielding wing backs when we do not have even one.

Moore seems to want the football played on the edge of our own penalty area, not upfield.

All players played OK last night but there is no great improvement overall and results prove it. Really tried though last night.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Yes

TP: 6 goals in 10 games (0.6 pg)

DM: 13 goals in 11 games (1.2 pg)

Yes

TP: 10% win rate

DM: 27% win rate

Yes

Yes (see above)

No

Actually, the answer to all Q except for one is NO, but close... good try!

You ate that boy up 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2