100% convinced if Moore had succeded Monk we'd be safe by now.

God knows. I’ve seen ‘we’d be safe in Monk had stayed’ threads as well. 
No doubt the Pulis time was a disaster but maybe if he had stayed we also be safe (assuming he’d twisted DC’s arm for a striker). 
All in all I think the killer has been the multiple changes as much as anything. That and the lack of striker coming in which I think has a lot to do with having no manager in place during the window. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

We are starting to get near a decent level of football

This is true. Results have been garbage right through the season but for what it’s worth the recent games have been a type of football that I don’t mind watching. We’ve missed loads of chances but at least we’ve made some!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Huge improvements in terms of tactics/style/mentality etc. etc.

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

How can you pin it and say Pulis has cost us it in the end?

Under Moore we should've got points from Rotherham, 3 points vs Bristol City, Huddersfield were poor and there for the taking.

You can't pin it on 1 man when we've had Monk Pulis Thompson and Moore who've all made errors as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Not sure. Don't get me wrong I like the more attacking footy but we still have the same weak players.

Hopefully when he gets his own players in we will see it come to fruition. Providing he doesn't get sacked.

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’m 100% convinced that you’re correct. 
Last night we weren’t exactly pulling up trees, but to have players in and around the opposition box every time a winger/midfielder played the ball forward is huge progress itself!

50 minutes ago, torryowl said:

We'll  never know but when you have 4 managers in one season I think it's hard to pin it one bloke unless its chansiri .

Plus we’ve played 8 games with 10 men not including the six point deduction 

43 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

How can you pin it and say Pulis has cost us it in the end?

Under Moore we should've got points from Rotherham, 3 points vs Bristol City, Huddersfield were poor and there for the taking.

You can't pin it on 1 man when we've had Monk Pulis Thompson and Moore who've all made errors as well.

Because under Pulis first couple of games aside we were shapeless, listless, zero attacking threat, players clearly didn't understand the tactics or refused to play to the tactics, our shape was off, everything was just a mess, under Moore even the games we should have got more from and didn't were generally due to individual errors that were costly but over the 90 minutes we were for the most part playing as a team with a style and identity that meant players knew where the other was meant to be at all times.

The issues that Moore hasn't been able to improve are the fact we have so little coming off the bench Harris, Green, Kachunga have all been abysmal for the last few months. Moore is having to rotate a core of about 14 players he knows he can somewhat rely on to do what he expects of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

Huge improvements in terms of tactics/style/mentality etc. etc.

Pulis spell is what cost us in the end, reckon we'll only be going down by 3-6 points max.

It would be nice before the end of the season to have a team that could give a consistent level of performance for the full 90 minutes compared to the one half we currently have.

I cannot remember a season when 1st to 2nd half was so chalk and cheese these are not kids playing they are season pro's when the dust settles a lot of them should be hanging their heads in shame of some of the performance they have churned out this season.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

God knows. I’ve seen ‘we’d be safe in Monk had stayed’ threads as well. 
No doubt the Pulis time was a disaster but maybe if he had stayed we also be safe (assuming he’d twisted DC’s arm for a striker). 
All in all I think the killer has been the multiple changes as much as anything. That and the lack of striker coming in which I think has a lot to do with having no manager in place during the window. 

Hence why TP was sacked. DC didn’t want to fork out for one IMO?